Linux Screens

Originally posted by sparkleytone

a linux system used for what its made for looks like a black screen with text running across it.

linux is not a desktop OS.

yea, that's exactly i wanted to say. :)

Originally posted by Insanity_Check

You can make Linux look whatever the hell you want it too look like. Screenshots are limited.

Except a quality product.

Linux is good for servers. Servers sitting in closets, or in basements, any place people don't have to look at it. The GUI, reguardless of which WM you are using, looks ugly, cheap and amateurish. You can't argue with this, because it's true. Linux is good at working forever, but not looking pretty.

Not necessarily True, I've seen some linux screenshots that even rivals windows. It's all the same, depends on how much work you are willing to put in to customize it to your liking!

Nomad559 care to explain why? :rolleyes:

azazel- Heard of KDE3? you can even make it looks like the "cheap and amateurish" Luna style. Unless you are using a text based Window manager.

Originally posted by zivan56

Nomad559 care to explain why? :rolleyes:

azazel- Heard of KDE3? you can even make it looks like the "cheap and amateurish" Luna style. Unless you are using a text based Window manager.

Yeah. Seen it, used it, don't like it. Until they can make *everything* look uniform and the same, it'll look cheap to me. I'm not slamming linux. I'm just giving my opinion. I love Unix. I also like eyecandy. Which is why I'm buying a Mac in about a month. ;)

I find the pics by nuggetman to look less cluttered and more clear than the those pics (which are low resolution and has big ass icons), are you being sarcastic or do you actually mean that those pics look better?