do u hate emachines?

I have a emachines 667ix (go ahead laugh)and i have alot of problems with hardware; like i bought a geforce 2 mx200 but i cant install it cause i need a PSU and then i cant get a regular PSU i have to get a micro ATX. but any way take my poll

i have no reason to hate or not hate the emachine...haven't used them. :)

but i don't understand why you need a PSU to install a video card...don't u have a PSU in there already (to run the computer)?

Originally posted by thingsforjason

i have no reason to hate or not hate the emachine...haven't used them. :)

but i don't understand why you need a PSU to install a video card...don't u have a PSU in there already (to run the computer)?

yeah i hve a power supply i need 250 watts to use my card but i have a 120 wat PSU

Originally posted by thingsforjason

did you try installing it and it didn't work? cause i've got a geforce2 GTS running on a 200watt power supply...

yeah i installed it many times and it wouldnt load up windows

and i tried a old 2mb vid card

Yes, I hate eMachines. I think they are a menace to society, and since they've been pushed on America en force, I haven't felt safe to walk the streets alone at night.

Not to mention an eMachine stole my car once.

I love my eMachine. Bought it used off ebay - eTower 400i2. It's got a 400 celly in it with 256 MB RAM. It is by far my hardest working, and most stable machine I own. Of course it's running Win2K Server ;)

Average uptime is about 90 days. It runs my webcam, MP3 server, FTP server, as well as being a central file server - it has an 80 gig WD (the 8MB buffer one), a 30 gig WD, and a 6 gig samsung (I think), as well as an old HP CD-RW. I was using it as a game server for a while - but it couldn't handle all that load and traffic at once.

It used to have a VooDoo3 2000 PCI in it, but I blew it out when I had it running in this machine with a dual monitor setup a few months ago, so now it uses the default/built-in video (some 4MB ATI crap). Since I don't have to stare at it all the time, I don't mind the crappy video.

mmm, I was at Fry's today and my friend is thinking of getting a computer.

And we saw one for $399 emachine, specs as follows:

1.7 celeron

128mb ddr ram

integrated graphics

integrated audio

40 gb

48x cdrom

10/100 ethernet

56k modem

scrollin mouse

keyboard

speakers

and a slick looking case. (the cdrom was pretty cool)

anyways, I thought it would be a good deal for him, since he's not going to be playing games, etc

his main usage will be mp3, word, surf net, etc

and all he needs to get is monitor, good speakers, and cd burner. (and possibly more ram... since he would probably want XP)

any comments?

p.s: dude, my bad, I think I just hijacked your thread...

so here's my voice: I don't hate emachine because I never owned one.

A Computer has.....

5 or 6 PCI Slots, 1 AGP Slot.... Where one of those PCI Slots is filled with a Real Sound Card.

Emachines, do not fall under "my" description of a computer.

My one and only computer is an eMachines 633id Tower...633MHz,256 RAM, CD-DVD/ROM...speakers are ok, keyboard is eMachines (uninstalled the eBoard crap :p ), 20GB HDD (with 18 GB available - almost empty :D ).

I have no problems with it at all... it was a birthday gift to me from my son in 2000...it is good enough for my use. I don't listen to music on it or download much of anything except for smilies (422 of them in my collection :cool: ).