My dad an I picked up the new GMT900 Escalade

BMW and Porche (sp) have their two "SUVs" here.

spellcheck: Porsche

despite being a bmw fan, i despise the x3 and x5 bmw's. They just do nothing for me, and from everything i hear, they are hopeless off road, let alone on road. While the Porsche cayenne is pretty damn good offroad, look at the damn thing, looks like a jacked up 911 with a bodykit and a station wagon (shooting break/estate... depending on where you are in the world) back end thrown on the back. Hideous.

The Escalade is rather blingy. Its exterior is visually unoffensive really, one may go as far to call it attractive in an american kind of way, but not exactly the sort of thing id go out and buy. I'm not really a SUV/Forby/4x4/offroader kind of guy anyway.

The material on this post is made available for the purpose of providing access to BLEHINATOR’s personal opinion and not as professional advice.

Before relying on the material, users should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances to evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes.

Some material on this post may include or summarise views, standards or recommendations of third parties. The inclusion of such material is not an endorsement by BLEHINATOR of that material and not an indication of BLEHINATOR’s commitment to any particular course of action.

Links provided to other internet sites are provided for the user's convenience and do not constitute endorsement of the information at those sites. BLEHINATOR accepts no responsibility for material contained in any site that is linked to this post.

i guess its cool looking, but its the same as my mom's lexus lx 470.. 13 mpg city, 19 mpg highway.. add 26 gallons per fillup, thats almost 90 bucks a filler...

not to mention more expensive oil filters + more oil.. $3.50 for good oilx8 = $30-35 per change.. :(

I guess if you actually have a need for that size car, cool, but if you dont and you just have $$$ to spend.. meh. Its like my mom, she has never even used half of the car, but she still wants to keep it instead of getting a more fuel efficient, newer car like my camry and only spend about $3000 over the trade-in.

i hate all you stupid europeans who think your cars are the best.

we design OUR cars for OUR roads, not some stupid go in circles bull**** like europe. and americans have different tastes than you people. get over it.

and if your going to say anything about us being fat, why dont you guys go and get a toothbrush first and then we'll talk about our health.

i hate all you stupid europeans who think your cars are the best.

we design OUR cars for OUR roads, not some stupid go in circles bull**** like europe. and americans have different tastes than you people. get over it.

and if your going to say anything about us being fat, why dont you guys go and get a toothbrush first and then we'll talk about our health.

Uhhh... yeah.

So you never turn corners over there in the states then? :rolleyes:

Somebody just close this thread.

spellcheck: Porsche

despite being a bmw fan, i despise the x3 and x5 bmw's. They just do nothing for me, and from everything i hear, they are hopeless off road, let alone on road. While the Porsche cayenne is pretty damn good offroad, look at the damn thing, looks like a jacked up 911 with a bodykit and a station wagon (shooting break/estate... depending on where you are in the world) back end thrown on the back. Hideous.

The Escalade is rather blingy. Its exterior is visually unoffensive really, one may go as far to call it attractive in an american kind of way, but not exactly the sort of thing id go out and buy. I'm not really a SUV/Forby/4x4/offroader kind of guy anyway.

I've seen a white Cayenne i think and despite being a Porsche, lookwise well...it stinks! :x

I really liked the "boxy" style of the first Escalade, this one looks like it was inspired by the Expedition or Navigator.

Thats the first thing I thought; Navigator. But those new pictures of it outside....eh it doesnt look so bad but I do still prefer the old version

Hmmm sorry but to me it is just a big heap of car. Just look at the interior, it looks very cheap, cheap plastics, cheap design. But then it is build as an american car, BIG but there the story ends. I mean americans have no understanding in building proper cars. I mean come on, they build sportcars with leafsprings...whoaaoahahaha right!!! That why here in europa you don't see alot of american build cars, because they are rubish.........

You, my friend, are a idiot.

Its a great car without alot of power. All the european sportscars are limited by the speed limit everywhere (expect in Germany). I dont know what I rather have; a good American SUV with all the power needed to tow other cars and climb steep hills or a stupid european sportscar (which all look alike BTW) that if I even floor it for 2 seconds I get a ticket. Speed is nice (Id have no problem having a McLaren) yes but so is power.

And I see you have never in your life been inside a Escalade because calling it "cheap" and "rubish" proves to me that you know 0 about cars....

Jeez, I seriously dislike the design of these huge things...

Then again, I'm not American, so I'm obviously an idiot when it comes to opinions about them. ;)

But you gotta wonder where they'll take the design from here. They can't just keep making them bigger. :laugh:

But you gotta wonder where they'll take the design from here. They can't just keep making them bigger. :laugh:

Pimp-Bus.jpg

Personally, I don't mind the look of it, I think the picture of it outside where it glistens in the sun is much more flattering, it would never do here though on englands tiny roads. It's a nice car, just a little hard to imagine when living here where its hard enough to squeeze a mini down a road.

the more i look at the pictures of this car.. it still looks so damn cheap.

how can i put this... things just dont seem like they fit tight, like the edges don't match.. its not clean.. it looks like 10 months from now the numbering on the buttons will fade or some of the knobs will fall apart :/

what happened to the billions of dollars GM invested in cadillac?

this is why i really dislike any GM.. they have no nice cars at all, except for the malibu and impala.