[Review] Sandisk sansa E250

Great review and alot of good replies here! Today is my birthday and tomorrow my dad is treating me to an mp3 player and I am thinking of getting the e250 since it is around $150 which is a great price for a great player. So thanks guys, you think the e260 is better?

^ the e260 is better

2 GB - e250 - $121

4 GB - e260 - $155

6 GB - e270 - $190

those are US dollars.goto newegg and look for it.im getting the e260 soon

yea but can the e250 play games like the nano?

You'll forgive me if I don't see being able to play Solitaire on an mp3 player as a compelling reason to buy it. :)

I was supposed to get myself an e260 today but my dad didn't cash money so I guess i'll get it tomorrow.. Gosh I was soo mad, I wanted it real bad, haha.. Guess I can wait :(..

Just a heads up (take it as you wish)

1.0.12 seems to be the old firmware.

I installed the beta updater or whatever, and it told me my 1.0.12 was out of date. It then proceeded to install 1.0.11a or something. I now have a custom equalizer and stuff, dont remember if it was there before or not.

Yea Jowood is right.. The new firmware does add an equalizer and the equalizer is great.. Had the player for 4 days now and am loving it!! Greatest player I have owned and it's better than the nano IMO it has more features and around same price. I have the e260 though.

ive got one...and about a month after i bought it it only showed 500MB of 2BG...so i deleted everything, all songs, videos, pictures from it, and still only 500MB left...so i dont know where the other 1.5GB are...also..if the software ever freezes on you, you have to open it up and take out the battery cuz theres no way to hard reset it...if there is, can someone please let me know how

I just need someone to confirm something: the sound. Is it worse/better/same as a iPod?
According to this it's decent.

Achal: backup your data, reformat the player and then flash the latest firmware. Look in the manual to see if there is a way to do a hard reset. I'm fairly certain there must be a way without taking out the battery.

For anybody looking to create playlists in MSC mode, I created a program to do so. Link

For some reason, Sandisk decided to hide the players playlist reading ability (possibly because it scrolls painfully slow when going through items compared to its built in database)

^^ It can generate .pla playlists? I think you mean MTP mode (in which case you can use MediaMonkey, WMP, etc). However, there is currently no other program to make propler .pla playlists for the device.

Just ordered one, should be coming in the next few days :D

Can someone that owns one please tell me how a EP of say Lost or 24 or somthing looks on it?

Pleeease, Thanks = ) ~

Ok I'm loving my one at the moment; beats the nano/any other mp3 player i've owned hands down.

The only gripe I can see with it sofar, is when I sync with WMP11(beta) it doesnt show the songs I have previously loaded onto it. Even though it says i have 1gb left (which is right).

Any ideas how to fix this? Is it just a setting?

NiceCarpet: I uploaded an episode of scrubs onto it and it plays fine. It does however split it up into wee 5/6 min segments; which is alright for a 20 minute show, but anything longer may annoy...

I have a couple questions about this player, I have checked out many different sites but have not come across anyone else asking this question. First, I don't see the time on my player unless I go into settings, it doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen, instead it shows either the submenu icon or what is playing at the time, I saw in the manual that the time is supposed to be there, is that wrong?? Second, is there a stop button?? I haven't been able to figure that out. Do you just shut off the player even when it's playing either the mp3 or radio?? I feel stupid asking but I just can't seem to figure it out, someone please help if you can. thank you.

Nekay, I have ordered the e270 model and it should be here Monday. I will try to answer your questions once I have it in my hands and can play around with it.

Got mine a few days ago,

I had a few problems with it things like flashing it and it flashing incorrectly but thanks to its make-shift "DOS" mode thing (Put the player on HOLD and hold the REC button while turning on the Sansa it will boot in to recovery mode) I was able to fix it _b

The new firmware fix's alot of problems and adds alot of new things (like the customizable EQ)

also if it hasnt been said yet, if you go into REC mode while pluggin in the player you can still use it while the battery hops on charge :D

Second, is there a stop button??

I want to know this as well, i'v just been going into photo mode view a image then press Right a few times untill it stops ><

thefonz Flashing the firmware to 1.01.11a fix's this, it lets you have much bigger videos (lenth wise) like 30mins a peace, South Park eps I put on did not need to be spilt at all.

On the anythingbutipod site some one found out how to get the media converter to make full screen videos (no black borders etc) by editing the config file of the software if anyone wants it feel free to PM me

Some sites say you can hear the clicking of the wheel when listening to the player, has it happen to you?

Its not the click wheel its more of a "hummmm" prossesing sound the mp3 player makes when its loading info etc (but when playing music it doesnt make the sound only when nothings playing and if or when it does it is is really hard to hear it anyway Sandisk says they will fix it in a few firmware updates _b