[Review] Sandisk sansa E250

I am very sorry, that I am bringing up an old topic. I can see the last post was from September. But I just cannot find a community place discussing the Sasa e250.

The Sasa e250, looks pretty nice and I'm looking into buying this thing. But I'm wondering if this will support my computer. My computer is a Windows ME. The system requirment for the Sansa is Windows Xp. I want to know if I can put music, photos and videos into it, since most of you here own it.

Thanks. Once again, sorry for bringing up an old topic.

Windows Me should see it as a removable drive like XP does so you can drag your music in to it (just enable show hidden folders) on the music folder on the Sansa.

but I think you may have problems with the converting software (for images and video) but im not 100% sure on that, but there are lots of 3rd party tools you can use for converting video anyway, you dont have to use there software.

Thanks, for the reply. Looking for an answer all day.

there are lots of 3rd party tools you can use for converting video anyway, you dont have to use there software.

Can you give examples of any programs, or recommend any? And what about converting pictures.

Thank you!

Edited by Littlefields

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been looking at this for a while now. I went to a local store and they had it on display. It looked perfect, except for the fact that the font doesnt have ClearType. Kakari mentioned it in this review, but Ive seen other reviews where they've given photos (That theyve taken themselves) of the screen, and the fonts appear smooth. The background images/colors also seem alot better in these screenshots. Can anyone explain this? Is it fixed with firmware?

Example

This is my first mp3 player. I got for $80. So far it is pretty good. I like that I can use it to listen the radio, and play video amoung other things.

However it only plays .mov files.

Does any one know of a command line utility that will change .m4v files into .mov files?

I am looking for tools command line tools that will convert video.

Thanks.

This is my first mp3 player. I got for $80. So far it is pretty good. I like that I can use it to listen the radio, and play video amoung other things.

However it only plays .mov files.

Does any one know of a command line utility that will change .m4v files into .mov files?

I am looking for tools command line tools that will convert video.

Thanks.

Use the software that comes with it, but it dont think it works with m4v. Got a e260 for 169CDN and its amazing, great sound quality (sansa>IPod), real colorful interface. I dont even notice the lack of ClearType.

Ive been looking at this for a while now. I went to a local store and they had it on display. It looked perfect, except for the fact that the font doesnt have ClearType. Kakari mentioned it in this review, but Ive seen other reviews where they've given photos (That theyve taken themselves) of the screen, and the fonts appear smooth. The background images/colors also seem alot better in these screenshots. Can anyone explain this? Is it fixed with firmware?

Example

The e2xxR has font smoothing, but the regular e2xx does not. Apparantly regular will get it and the R will get a custom equaliser as well.

• 1 month later...

I just have a question about the Sansa e250. Sorry if this has been asked here before but I don't want to look through pages to find it. :D

I don't have the manual for it right now and I really need to find out how to make Playlists on this thing, other than the Go List that's already on there of course.

If anyone can help, it would be really nice.

Thanks.

PS: I've read in a couple posts that people are saying that the Sansa e250 can only play .mov files... You can still put .wmv, .avi, and .mpg on there as well, and when it copies them onto the system, it converts them into .mov.

Woah, this thread is still alive? Amazing.

Anyway, I am still using my E250.

Get the newest revision E2xxR and you will have clear-type font. It's not firmware-dependent though. So, unless you get a model with R in the end of it, you won't get clear-type font.

Nice review. I got my mum the C240 for christmas. Shes very poor when it comes to technology but I figured Id get her an mp3 player for her walks. It was that or the 1GB Shuffle (new version) and while the shuffle is smaller and maybe easier for walking I figured shed appreciate a screen so she knew what shes doing and I think she'd be quite likely to use the radio too. Ahh well hope she likes it.

Rockbox is getting close to running on this. The font smoothing is firmware dependant, as the e200 and e200R use the exact same hardware internally, just a different firmware.

• 2 months later...