DSCN2431.jpg

DSCN2433.jpg

DSCN2434.jpg

Possibly true arguments:

long at the back, short at the front

made in phillipines with 50 on tag inside

stitching at the bottom has one line only

Possibly fake arguments:

top button does not have cross stitching (seller confirmed it was a flaw, is exchanging a new one at the moment)

the black tag seems strange?

so is it true or fake?

I bought mine at a Ralph Lauren store in Vienna - will take a look at these things and try to confirm it for ya.

- I don't have the made in the phillipines thingy

- I do have a tag in the inner side of the shirt saying how to was it in like 6 different languages - the tag also states that it's 100% cotton and made in vernier Switzerland

My buttons both have cross stitching

I can't remember having a tag like that on it, but it could be that I bought it at an outlet center, with reduced prices and all - never seen a tag on clothing there anyhow.

thanks heaps =)

yeh i'm pretty sure all polos should have cross stitching on its buttons and the seller confirmed that they should as well, and my one was a flaw, so i'm gonna get an exchange...

what i'm wondering is do the tags look similar? and also the black tag doesn't feel really smooth...

on the other hand, it's possible that different manufacturing countries might have some slight differences on these tags as well...

yeh i'm pretty sure the shirt meets all the criteria for it being authentic.. it's juz the flaw with the button and i'm wondering bout the print on the tags, although the text that's printed on it is 100% correct... also the seller has 3xxx positive ratings... so i dunno =P

:huh: What difference does it make ? Either you're going to wear it or not. No one is going to get that close to examine your clothes.

I would suggest fake. Reasons:

RL quality control would not let the flaw through

Stitchwork looks poor

Tag looks fake

Finally, did it come in a box or a bag. Every RL shirt I have came boxed.

But my take is this. If you buy it cheap and you like it who cares? So it's not a real RL shirt - it's still a real shirt!

@Hum: true... even if it was a fake i'd be impressed... but i dunno, knowing it being authentic makes you feel better =P

@njlouch: i got mine from ebay, so it came in a poly bag...

Well, I do not have the tags beneath the Polo by Ralph Lauren tag in the neck. It's just the Ralph Lauren tag there for me.

The 'made in' tag / 'how to wash' guide is on the inner side near the bottom (don't know which side anymore :p), it's longer then the one you have, about twice the size in length at least...

Something that I noticed though is that the logo intself in the chest is as good as identical to the one I have - my experiences somewhat give me the impression that most of the times the logo's aren't as good as the original, but this one sure is.

Might be from a different year/collection? Maybe the fact that mine is european and your isn't?

99% of RL shirts sold on eBay will be fake...

So the question is: Did you buy it on eBay? If yes, then it's almost certainly fake.

Same applies to Game Boy Advance games :)

yeh... i'm still accounting for the possibilities that different manufacturing regions have slight differences.... and a few days ago i went into the RL Polo store in Australia... and I felt one of their real polos, but the touch wasn't as "grand" as what i had thought...

yeh it'd be hard stitching that polo logo if you were to fake it...

@Spielo: yeh there are quite a lot of scams on eBay atm.. maybe i'll juz walk into a local RL Polo store and examine it closely...

take a picture of the whole shirt from the front all lay out.

if the bottom part of the back is LONGER than the front part..it's real.

fakes usually have equal length front&back

yeh it is, it shows on the 3rd pic that the back hem is longer than the front... but wouldn't this be easy for fakes to imitate?

Fakes usually don't have that. At least the fakes around here don't.

Because fakes are all mass made, it's hard to make the back longer I guess..

:huh: What difference does it make ? Either you're going to wear it or not. No one is going to get that close to examine your clothes.

Well if it's from a legit seller he probably paid ?50-?60 for it??

I'd be rather annoyed if I spent that much only to find it's fake, when you could probably buy 8 fake ones for that price.

Just my theory:D:D

Well if it's from a legit seller he probably paid ?50-?60 for it??

I'd be rather annoyed if I spent that much only to find it's fake, when you could probably buy 8 fake ones for that price.

Just my theory:D:D

My thoughts exactly... If I see one for 10 euro's or something, moest of the times it's a done deal for m:p:p even though I do prefer to have real ones for some weird reason.

Well, went I went to the Philippines for a holiday last January, I went into a RL Store and got myself 10 shirts for approx $12AUD dollars each. And they were absolutely real. Buy cheap ,sell at a higher but reasonable price. Thats what I did with other shirts I bought and they were 100% genuine.

omg... can't believe they're that cheap in the philippines... the RL store was a proper retail store or was it an outlet? so i guess my polos are real then *hugs on to them* =P

Is a brand that important? I'll stick with my t-shirts....

omg... can't believe they're that cheap in the philippines... the RL store was a proper retail store or was it an outlet? so i guess my polos are real then *hugs on to them* =P

Lol..Absolutely. It doesn't stop there. You go into a Mossimo, Levis and Lee store and your jaw will drop. You'll be like a kid in a candy store. They were real stores. You can go to outlets but they also carry genuine stock.

Good thing to do is check the stitching. Make sure its very tight and secure. The buttons don't feel loose like they are about to fall off (You should always get a spare buttion). The back of the shirt is longer then the front. The logo is straight and not at an angle.

Main reason why they are so cheap. Hate to say it as a fellow Filipino myself, but not a lot of people there are able to afford such genuine items so they have to be priced reasonably for people to even afford to buy one.

Comparisson

AUS retail = approx. $60-$80 << I Think >>Which equals approx. 3000 pesos (Philippines currency)

PL retail = approx. $12AUD >> equals approx. 360 pesos. (Huge difference)

The dollar conversion also heaps in the cheapness.