left speaker on headset not working

Hi all,

For some reason my left speaker on my logitech usb headset just went dead? i tried plugging in normal headphones in the speakers same thing, so its not the headset..the speakers are fine also.

i checked the volume controls, restarted, checked programs and device manager.

any ideas why this would happen or how to fix it?

thanks

theres a common mistake many people do. make sure the cable is plugged in TIGHTLY. last time i thought my speakers were broken cuz the left side had no audio so i just pushed the cable in and i heard a snap indicating it was properly plugged in and it fixed it

hello again, my left speaker and my left speaker on my usb headset aint working on that its so fn weird. cuz they both use diff sound devices?

i even called the comp techs where i bought my comp and they are clueless.

does anyone have any ideas at all?

its getting very annoying :(

ive tried almost everything!

is the cable cut anywhere? it also could be the wires where they connect to the headset speaker. sometimes they get loose, especially if you wrap the wires around the headset when stored.

hmm, drivers did you check that. Did you blow the speaker? Check all the balances make sure it is set right. check to make sure your audio cable in the computer case is connected right if there is one. Check all cables to make sure they are all in correctly.

yep, checked all of that, tried updating, unisntall, re installing drivers..nothing.

also its not not just my left speaker its my usb headset also(left side too).

i didnt blow the speaker cuz i never used the speakers, i have always used my usb headset.

I'd say it's software-related... But I don't know whether the sound card is used when you use a USB headset, if it is it might be your sound card.

Test the speakers and the headset on another computer/device. I'm pretty sure they'll work.

ya, im beginning to think it's software related also, but what software would do this? i use itunes...

and i tried closing as many programs, to try play sound and no luck.