New browser

Nah, not really, but it looks pretty cool, I spent all night last night downloading the Dev Tools for jag straight from Apple and one of the apps included is pretty cool. Interface builder, you can directly edit the layout and interface of almost any app.

This for example is Chimera:

AppleBrowser.jpg

Looks pretty cool if you ask me, I'm gonna have a little play around with some other apps now ;)

hey dazzla if i want to get a HIGH end ibook or a powerbook should i go for the monthly payment or a straight payment if i want to keep the laptop as an asset investment for a couple of years atleast

If you go for the finance plan with Apple you're going to get stung with the interest. If you can't afford to buy it in one go then your best bet would be to try and get a personal loan, it will probably work out cheaper in the long run.

Originally posted by Silvorgold

im thinking that financing would be easier (for when i get my mac) but my dad wants to pay it off as soon as i get it, and if i got financing, i could get an ipod or digital camera....

still havent gotten one yet eh?

to be honest, i think you should show the chimera p33ps that. They may be interested :D

dammit, now I REALLY want to start making an app for mac. thanks daz :p :D :D

there another guy thats making something like this. he calls it "cunning" and he attempts to say that it is his browser using the gecko engine. he has been far and away flamed since then. anyways if this is something you want to do dazzla, i would be interested in trying your mods, because from what ive seen you have a really great eye for design. keep us posted. im still not convinced on a brushed metal browser tho. i mean i like brished metal, but it conflicts with the entire UI of the web itself.

Originally posted by pizza

Dazzla. This looks GREAT. Is there any way you could make this available for us to download?

If you didn't notice this is the mac section of the forums... :cheeky:

Well, I haven't thought about offering it for download, I guess I could. I've got quite a bit more hacking to do though. I'm gonna do all the buttons and I've just implemented a really, really cool little hack.

When you click the search icon in the tolbar now, a sheet appears from the top with a text box asking you "What do you want to search for on Google?" and when you enter, it will automatically carry out the search, like this:

SearchHack.jpg

You can also highlight text on the webpage then press the search button and it will automatically search for the highlighted text in Google :old:

I'll keep you all updated ;)

Originally posted by Spyder

still havent gotten one yet eh?

nope :( soon tho..soon

its a busy time of year for my dad, hes saying that we should just go to the computer store and pick it up, but the local computer store doesnt sell macs anymore so we'dd have to go to the website and say we went to pick it up at the computer store (compusmart)

i cant wait tho :D, still trying to choose which one i want, vote still leaning on the PMac side...

but i'dd think the apple browser would have an ui similar to the finder ui...but a brushed look would be nice :)

Originally posted by XCleanLivingX

I can't believe that Macs are so expensive that you need to take out a friggin' loan to buy one...

thats what a G3 imac/emac is for.....but apple will have to lower the price of the emac in january as soon as the g3 imac is discontinued :(...but an emac would be worth it :D....its a fast/stable machine

Originally posted by XCleanLivingX

I can't believe that Macs are so expensive that you need to take out a friggin' loan to buy one...

It's called financing, many companies use it including Dell, Gateway, Alienware, Falcon, HP, Compaq, and Sony

here's 50p so you can go buy yourself a clue mm'kay?

Daz, when you're done. SERIOUSLY show the chimera people what you made. I'd love for them to see it. Oh, and since I have an undying hatred for the slowness that are the "textured" windows, how did you go about adding some of those new features and stuff? Man, I'm going to have to fiddle with a lot of Mac apps to "un-texture" them now :)

Oh man, now I'm even MORE happy I bought a mac :D

Good lord that is nice! Does it effect browsing in anyway, as far as speed/stability? Also, is the tabbed browsing something you added yourself, or is there some option I'm missing in Chimera? I'm going to have to install the Dev Tools to play with these! Great work Dazzla...

Originally posted by Strokemouth

Good lord that is nice! Does it effect browsing in anyway, as far as speed/stability? Also, is the tabbed browsing something you added yourself, or is there some option I'm missing in Chimera? I'm going to have to install the Dev Tools to play with these! Great work Dazzla...

Tabbed browsing is in Chimera. Press Command+T for a new tab. And in the Preferences you can set it up so that when you Command-click a link, it'll open in a new tab instead of a new window.

BTW, Dazzla (or others), which Application is it you use to alter the interface? I would like to try it on iTunes :)