New browser

Originally posted by Strokemouth

Good lord that is nice! Does it effect browsing in anyway, as far as speed/stability? Also, is the tabbed browsing something you added yourself, or is there some option I'm missing in Chimera? I'm going to have to install the Dev Tools to play with these! Great work Dazzla...

Check the "tabbed browsing" tab in the "navigational" part of Chimera's preferences. :)

Originally posted by cerbero

I have the DevTools.. I thought it was IB, but I don't know my way around it. Where is the option for Brushed metal? Got a link or something where i can see the whole process? :)

Well look inside navigator and find the right file to open (in the screenshot) and then when it's open, go to tools -> show info and it will bring up a dialog. Just check "textured Window" You can alter the dimensions, everything.

It's a fantastic little app and when resizing, blue dotted lines will appear to match the Apple UI guidelines, very impressive.

InterfaceBuilder.jpg

Originally posted by Dazzla

Well look inside navigator and find the right file to open (in the screenshot) and then when it's open, go to tools -> show info and it will bring up a dialog. Just check "textured Window" You can alter the dimensions, everything.

It's a fantastic little app and when resizing, blue dotted lines will appear to match the Apple UI guidelines, very impressive.

http://idisk.mac.com/dazzla/Public/Interfa...faceBuilder.jpg

Ah, great. Thanks for your help.

hmmm....

does this technique only work for cocoa apps or something? Cause i can't find the iCal main interface for the life of me or iTunes either.. :s

Originally posted by timdorr

hmmm....

does this technique only work for cocoa apps or something? Cause i can't find the iCal main interface for the life of me or iTunes either.. :s

I'm pretty sure it's cocoa only, yeah. iTunes is pretty easy to hack, view the contents and find a file in resources called iTunes.rsrc and open it in an app called resorcerer, it'll look something like this:

iTunesRSRC.jpg

Then you can edit to your hearts content.

Originally posted by linux2

Is interface builder only a component of the Jaguar version of devtools, or is it included with the 10.1.x version to?

I'm pretty sure it is in the earlier version of Dev Tools prior to 10.2, if you have them.

Originally posted by GatorZx2

I'm pretty sure it is in the earlier version of Dev Tools prior to 10.2, if you have them.

Kewl. I'll suck it down right quick. Ahh the joy of broadband :ninja:

Originally posted by linux2

Ummm what happened to Dazzla'a moded version of Chimera?

You wanted it for download? Umm, well, give me a little time. I deleted all the dev tools by accident and the metal Chimera and all it's resources. I'm gonna have to spend another overnight download getting the dev tools.

Originally posted by Dazzla

You wanted it for download? Umm, well, give me a little time. I deleted all the dev tools by accident and the metal Chimera and all it's resources. I'm gonna have to spend another overnight download getting the dev tools.

That's cool. Maybe I misunderstood about you making it available to us non graphic artist types. But if you can that would be great. You must be on a dialup? Too bad I don't have a way to get it to you. Only takes about 10 minutes with my connection :ninja: