irc.neowin.net closed

Wow, those are some awesome stats.

How did it know kinzo is a she? Who compiled this?

Anyway, that doesn't include a lot. All told, the number of lines is into the millions.

ahem... i am a she. greenreaper does the stats.

/me cries

/me cries even harder when she realizes the the /me command doesn't work

hopefully we can get something up soon so none of us go through withdrawl too badly!

I'm there with you.

Wow, those are some awesome stats.

Anyway, that doesn't include a lot. All told, the number of lines is into the millions.

ahem... i am a she. greenreaper does the stats.

I know you're a she. I was just wondering how it knew, because it looked like an auto-compiler. But now I know greenreaper compiles it manually.

/me sighs

Only 2,873 lines... I'll just have to spam better on the next server.

At least the other channels are still there and it wasn't stardock that closed it.

/msg yisman He uses mIRCstats which allows you to set things like male/female, age, country, etc.

Edited by Night Hawk

/me cries

hopefully we can get something up soon so none of us go through withdrawl too badly!

You know Chick, /me works in Jabber :)

:( this sucks, it was so awesome in there. you had a chance to actually get to know the people, it was nice. the long random conversations about stupid things will be sorley missed. i'm not surprised what we saw in there over the last week has really been the beginning of the end

Noooooo! I thought it was a joke when they were saying they were about to close #neowin, only now I've read the truth. I can't wait till it reopens.

I used to be a regular in there. Then I got swamped with schoolwork. It's sad to see it go, even if for a short time. Maybe after school is out I'll make my scheduled appearances again....

Hey, I'm a fan of the IRCX extensions to RFC1459 but that server is awful.

LOL, yeah. :shiftyninja:

/me cries

You'll get through it Maple, uh, Trili, uh, Chick Habit :shiftyninja: :p

Oh god. 2 weeks (if not more) without #underground. OH GOD!!!!!

What do you mean, the room's still there, and your still in it.

GreenReaper does it, and it contains a database of user details (like age, sex, avatar, url, etc.)

well i hope this doesn't mean i have to move #nw-usa to neowins new server cause i sure as hell will not

For some reason I don't think that is a issue.

I used to go in there but someone (not mentioning any names) was apparently hell bent against anything other than plain ole' vanilla unmodified irc clients and threatened me time and again because I was using excursion irc. No skin off my back. I do miss having some fun there but I don't venture where the color/script nazis dwell anymore.

At any rate, good luck with getting a new server up and running. :)

For the record, irc.stardock.com is the server that irc.neowin.net is/was. All the same channels exist, including #neowin (except its protected by a password to prevent access). There is currently quite a group of people in #underground, including many 'regulars'... its an open channel, so stop on in. :-)

hey so uh... who remembers when i discovered what Alt + A does ?_?

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

You mean the one nobody could crack security on because no cracker considered it worth their time to figure out how? ;)

Speaking as a server admin, it's been sufficient for our needs. Maybe it doesn't do things exactly the way you're used to, but that's what diversity is all about. If everyone used Unreal, life would get boring. :D

anything other than unreal is S***. Unreal all the way!

hey so uh... who remembers when i discovered what Alt + A does ?_?

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

* kinzo is away:

Who could forget you spamming multiple channels at once?

>.>