Great News, FlashGet IS FREEWARE!

I dont know which adware it detected, basically avast identified one of the dlls as adware during the installation process.

i guess you failed to read

Important: Flashget is freeware now. Some anti-virus & spyware removal programs like AVAST, PEST PATROL, SPYWARE DOCTOR may detect false positives in FlashGet. If you are ever in doubt click here to run a full system scan with Webroot Spy Sweeper, or contact your software vendor for advice.

Nice, flashget is my favorite download manager and now its free. It's always nice when a program switches from the dark side to freeware!

now it's bundled with Google Toolbar... i wonder if google sponsored flashget.. :)

Where is it the Google toolbar ? i tried to reinstall FlashGet and i don't see any Google toolbar. :huh:

what's the advantage of this over just downloading files normally in say Firefox?

Finds mirrors (With it's own ShareUrl service and, you also can add any FTP search engine, for extra mirrors)

Connects multiply times to the host

Resume downloads

Proxy support

Site Explorer

Can record streams

I get Win32:Adan-062 detected as adware by Avast.

Quarantined/Deleted it and FlashGet still works.

y ame to got this promt. it it really a virus or avast has gone mad

what's the advantage of this over just downloading files normally in say Firefox?

For small files not alot, but Firefox isnt suitable for

a) slow connections

b) large files (in the 100's or 1000's of megs)

For anything < 100 meg I will use FFX but anything larger a download manager is good because its just saves the trpouble of firefox cutting out for just a moment at 95% or something. I dont run download mamagers much but IMHO having one is an essential tool for the times when it is used.

I decided not to use ShareURL or have the program look for mirrors...my download speeds appear to fluctuate dramatically but I can still get large files quickly.

Internet Download Manager can download around 100-200kb/s quicker, but unfortunately it's not free :(

Firefox doesnt have a half decent download manager. So its not really a comparison. Anyway, some of features i find usefull are

1) You can organise your downloads

2) You can controll the bandwidth/max speed at which flashget would download

3) You can schedule downloads as well as qeue downloads.

I decided not to use ShareURL or have the program look for mirrors...my download speeds appear to fluctuate dramatically but I can still get large files quickly.

Internet Download Manager can download around 100-200kb/s quicker, but unfortunately it's not free :(

Really? I get all the same speeds on all the Download programs if they use the same number of segments.

Do you use all the bandwidth to download :whistle:

We should release some bandwidth to use another stuff. I think Flashget is great, and Speed download is enough :yes:

dap is gewd

That program has spy/adware comin out its ears!

FlashGet is great - I've been using it for several years now (before I used Getright then DAP) I recently tried out FDM and while it does have some good features the interface and layout annoyed me to no end

I want to be able to enter in a referrer without clicking advanced then going to the approved tab - In FlashGet - the referrer option is just right in the main download window. :)

As far as i know its not 100% free, after a while a screen pop ups when you start it that asks you to buy it or continue...

Still its by far one of the best DL Managers out here =)

Should change the title from "FREEWARE" to "ADWARE"

I just installed it on my other computer thinking that it was clean....adware was detected before installation even completed.

What you people want to do is up to you, but I've already uninstalled it.

You problably one of those people that think Messenger Plus! is spyware just because a program is stupid and detects it like such :rolleyes: If it says its freeware now, Its FREEWARE. No ads no anything.

So in what case would you need FlashGet? I don't get why you wouldn't just download straight from the site.

Someone convince me to download this.

Your ADSL connection breaks or the cap is hit you can resume it when your back.

The download is much quicker.

You can download as much files as you want.

Need I go on?

• 2 months later...