VBquestion - n00b

Question

hi!, I'm a complete n00b, and just wonders how I make a command button in VB6.0 that reloads an url * times then ?, I've managed to make the commandbutton :) but what should I write to have the button load the url and loop * times then close all windows.. :)

Hope you'll understand what I'm trying to say, and please direct me to tutorials etc :)

thanks in advance

ampersand

8 answers to this question

Why would you want to repeatedly open a number of browsers to the same URL? Sounds like you want to make some kind of annoying popup thing. Correct me if I am wrong...

I just wanted to make a "reloader" thing so I could boost my "in" stat on a top 100 list, it's just a little "project" of mine.

I'm new to VB and just wanted to make something :)

//Add this to the General Declarations of your form:

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

Private Function LaunchURL(sUrl As String, Optional olMode As Long, Optional olHWnd As Long) As Integer

On Error Resume Next

Dim sAction As String

Dim sDir As String

Dim lRet As Long

sAction = "Open"

sDir = CurDir

olMode = 3 'opens maximized

lRet = ShellExecute(olHWnd, sAction, sUrl, vbNullString, sDir, olMode)

End Function

//Add this to the timer event of a timer on your form

LaunchURL("http://yoururlhere")

if you are going to make somthing like that

make sure you have a timer for the interval and set it about 500-3000 because most sites will not count the hit if it is faster than that.