Zero Codec Pack

If you're using MPC=HC why would you install FDDShow?

Why not? As I said, I followed a guide to set it up, and it said FFDShow allows for better playback, acts as a unified decoder, will do bitstreaming. Moreover, it gives me the ability to convert 5.1Ch audio (like AAC) into 5.1ch AC3 which can be passed through to my Z5500.

• 4 months later...

why did you put no updates for mpc hc for 2011? its one of the most worked on media players out there new builds are made everyday, 2 builds for today and last stable came out few days ago 1.5 not sure why only recommended for xp I use it in windows 7 64* works perfectly and I know alot of other people think the same.

• 5 months later...

Been using S-Player for the last couple months; first other play I've used after using MPC for the longest time.

S-Player has the best gui i've ever seen, and once i was adapted to the controls, it has been just flawless. =) Love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to say that a nice feature of Splayer is that it downloads and syncs Subtitles automatically (works with most things I've watched that is in english atleast, sometimes you get a ru/cz/eastern european subtitle, but then its not simpler than to either look through the subtitles it downloaded to the video and change and see if there is an english one, or simply disable subtitles or the feature.