xbox360 homebrew

I'd like to believe this is real but it's too easy to fake it. Plus the fact that whoever has apparently worked out how to do homebrew very recently has also worked out how to port Avalaunch and Surreal64 in no time at all seems way too good to be true!

http://www.team-xecuter.com/

not fake acording to that site.

but your right it does seem "to good to be true" lots of people will cry FAKE with this one too.

cant realy blame them due to all the Lame asses who clamed they "have a modchip" that does X Y and Z, then only to not provide such a chip.

Can't be bothered to speculate about it, time will tell whether its fake or not. Thanks to photoshop i can bluddy make my grandma luk 20yrs old :rofl:

People are so eager to see the 360 hacked that they will believe anything. Everyone just keeps getting duped over and over again...

And even if this is exploiting a hole in the backwards compatibility like they claim, Microsoft could patch it so fast that their heads would spin.

I don't think you understand the claims that are being made here.

oh.. somebody apperantly hacked all of this, and clustered it all before announcing anything? seems strange to me.

oh.. somebody apperantly hacked all of this, and clustered it all before announcing anything? seems strange to me.

Avalaunch is an application that can already run on a hacked original Xbox. These people are saying that they got Avalaunch to run on the 360.

It was proved fake on that site.

What... how could they prove something is fake before it was released? The only "proof" I've seen on that thread is how the pictures could have been photoshopped. That's not really proof that it is fake at all. Just proof that it COULD be fake.

It was proved fake by the jpeg compression.

Do you mean the post where the person said how the jpeg artifact was the same in the right side of both the pictures? Or did you mean the follow-up post that showed how it WASN'T the same?

Only other OUTSIDE the box thinking i could provide besides it being fake

Maybe a MCE extension that runs old xbox homebrew by pumping it trough MCE

like emu side PC xbox emu??

Only other thing i can think of

If that were the case, then an Xbox emulator would have to already exist for the PC. No such thing currently exists.

The Xbox 360 uses an emulator to have backwards compatibility for Xbox games. And an emulator for the Xbox already exists on the PC, albeit it can only play Halo, but it does work quite nicely.

Anytime you take a screenshot, if you want to compress it down to a smaller file size so it fits on the web, compression is naturally going to happen, so that does not truly say it is a fake to me...

However, I personally think it is faked... and I attached a picture of the screens blown up in Photoshop 300% to try and explain why I feel this way...

Basically in a nutshell the aliasing on the edge of the Blade is what gives it away IMO.

First, I initially thought to myself if these images were indeed to be faked, the edge of the blade is what would give it away. So this is why I chose where I did to blow the images up...

The picture below shows both screens, in the same exact area, blown up 300%.

If you look at the top picture, you will see that there is a discrepancy with the coloring in the edge of the blade, which more or less indicates it is not as smooth as the rest of the edge of the blade. I also include that area blown up even more to the right and outlined the exact little area I am talking image (right above the blue stripe)

The bottom image is literally the same exact area as the top screen.

However, in the bottom image you do not see what is going on in the top picture, it all appears to be perfectly smooth.

So the question is if these are from the same 360, why is the blade edge completely smooth in the bottom picture, and not completely smooth in the top one?

They did a great job otherwise, not much better you can do honestly, but this very little roughness shown in the edge on the top image makes me believe it is indeed faked.

Hope I explained it so it makes sense. Sorry if I did not, as I have not been getting much sleep these days...

post-34384-1151471194_thumb.jpg

I'll make this easier for you guys...

first of, we all know the Xbox 360 uses a 20gb HDD with a SATA interface, the 500gb SATA drives for laptops does not exists... :p

second, the XOS only uses the "HDD icon" for internal drives; external drives will show a different icon. so, this means those guys didn't know about this "feature". :devil:

and third... well, just read number one... :laugh: :rofl: :p ;) :whistle:

I'll make this easier for you guys...

first of, we all know the Xbox 360 uses a 20gb HDD with a SATA interface, the 500gb SATA drives for laptops does not exists... :p

second, the XOS only uses the "HDD icon" for internal drives; external drives will show a different icon. so, this means those guys didn't know about this "feature". :devil:

and third... well, just read number one... :laugh: :rofl: :p ;) :whistle:

It is true that their is no 500gb laptop hd but you can get 500gb sata desktop hard drives and as far as i am aware as long as the drive is SATA, form factor doesn't matter.

The fact that both Xbox-Scene and Team-Xecuter, two of the most reliable sources when it comes to Xbox and Xbox hacking, back these screenshots could mean that this is indeed true, however only time will tell.

DirtyLarry: I applaude you for finding out that image error. Nice find.

But I still have to believe it's true. The reason is the fact that both Avalaunch (the dashboard seen in the screens) and Team Xecuter both have stated that it is true on there sites. Also Xbox-Scene stated that it's from a trusted source but they want to keep the name quiet for now.

Either this is the biggest collective hoax that the modding scene is doing or it's real. I'm overly excited to see how this goes about.

EDIT: About the hard-drive talk: What if the actual hack deals with a hard-drive replacement? Possibly an adapter for a regular hard-drive? If we can take an Xbox and turn it into a full fledged Linux server, I'm sure we can make an adapter for a regular harddrive.

I am not sure what to believe.. Mods over at xbox-scene says its being run in emulation mode. Now, even in emulation, the emulator runs in top of xbox 360 kernel and without hacking the kernel you cant run an unsigned code. But to mod the kernel you also need to change the cpu since the cpu checks the status of kernel. But there must be some truth in it, unless maxconsole, avalaunch team, xbox-scene and team xecuter all wouldnt be saying the hack is infact real.