Who's getting Prey?

Who's getting Prey?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who's getting Prey?

• I am! The demo made me want it!
    • I am! Wanted it from the start!
    • No

Have yet to play the demo, but just wondering...

This is looking sweet, but the 18-rating is a bit off-putting. I've heard good things about it, but OTT gore is just unnecessary.

There should be an option for "Yeah it's pretty cool, but I'll just rent it, beat it, and return it".

I wanted the game from the start, and the demo is slick, but theres something about it that just doesn't scream "BUY ME". If the rest of the game is like the demo, then it's definately a rental game because it's almost like Doom 3, except that it doesn't suck. We'll see. Maybe I'll rent it and like it enough to actually buy it after. But for now I'll vote for the second option.

No... I'm glad I waited for the demo before putting a preorder down on Prey. I didn't like the game play much... though the spirit walking is nice, I didn't enjoy the game enough to warrant a $60 spend. :)

I'll be getting it if I can get it cheaper than $60. I've yet to buy a single 360 game at that price. In fact, I've only bought 1 360 that wasn't used, and that one was Burnout Revenge for $30. But, yes, Prey is awesome.

Only when the price drops. It's not a game worth 30-60 bucks. I don't know how anyone can justify spending that much on this game unless they have quite a budget. The game is fun, the story is pretty intriguing but it's nothing really new. If the rest of the game is just the same as the demo, it's just a pos. The demo was very fun, but gameplay like that can get repetitive fast, which in the end makes the game boring and only good for one complete play. The multiplayer isn't that fun I can say. it might be funner if there were more gametypes besides deathmatch.

No... I'm glad I waited for the demo before putting a preorder down on Prey. I didn't like the game play much... though the spirit walking is nice, I didn't enjoy the game enough to warrant a $60 spend. :)

Ditto.

I thought the game play looked very dated, to be honest, compared to the complexity of HL2 or FEAR. I think they've sacrificed too much detail and smart AI in order to make it "loading free".

I think it's fine if you just want an out and out no-brainer blast 'em up but I've become a little too refined in my tastes (especially with the cost of new PC games these days).

Ditto.

I thought the game play looked very dated, to be honest, compared to the complexity of HL2 or FEAR. I think they've sacrificed too much detail and smart AI in order to make it "loading free".

I think it's fine if you just want an out and out no-brainer blast 'em up but I've become a little too refined in my tastes (especially with the cost of new PC games these days).

I'm not sure if I agree. Maybe the characters are a little lacking in detail, but the environments and most enemies are actually fairly detailed if you ask me...

I'm going to purchase this game for the full price but this games makes man regret getting an LCD TV instead of Plasma or CRT it has so much black in it. At least make sure you have a TV with over 3200:1 to enjoy it.

The demo was impressive, but I'm not going to get this game. For some reason I can only take horror games for so long before I have to put the controller down. :blush:

^ It's not scary at all, it's slightly funny and fun simple gameplay. I haven't noticed much cursing at all and there isn't that much blood. I don't know why people are complaining about it being to violent.

^ It's not scary at all, it's slightly funny and fun simple gameplay. I haven't noticed much cursing at all and there isn't that much blood. I don't know why people are complaining about it being to violent.

The violence is bleh. So much more in GTA. Profanity though is readily available. It doesn't bother me at all, it actually adds to submersion because I would be going off at the mouth if I saw some of the stuff in this game.

I liked it, I think it's a rental for me but I am on the border of rental/buy.

The violence is bleh. So much more in GTA. Profanity though is readily available. It doesn't bother me at all, it actually adds to submersion because I would be going off at the mouth if I saw some of the stuff in this game.

I liked it, I think it's a rental for me but I am on the border of rental/buy.

Thats true :D I was like WTF we were in a bar and suddenly aliens come out of nowhere. The spirit walking thing is pretty nice.

Speaking of the 18 rating, I was really happy to see a game with an option to turn off swearing. For a 30 year old such as myself that prefers not to hear cursing when it doesn't really add anything to the story, its a nice option!

I guess I was just expecting it to get worse. I don't mind violence at all. I own GRAW, COD2, and BF:MC. I don't mind the cursing, either, except that it limits my playing time unless I keep headphones on (kids like to watch me play sometimes). It's nice that you can turn off the profanity, though.

I guess I'll give the demo another, longer try. I just can't stand the anticipation of waiting for something to jump out from behind me screaming and making weird noises, etc. :laugh: It's weird, though. I can watch the scariest movies by myself in the middle of the night with the sound turned all the way up and all the lights off and never even flinch. I think I just get too immersed in video games. :wacko:

(N)

I was going to buy it as I still want to fill my "Fun Old School Online Deathmatch" void, but after the utter lag fest I have experienced attempting to play it through Live, I am definitely just renting it for the SP aspect of the game.

Sure, maybe they will have some more dedicated servers when the retail game is released, but first impressions mean everything, and if I am going to have to spend 45 minutes connecting to one crappy host after another until I finally get a halfway playable experience, I will pass without a doubt.