AMD CPU Driver 1.3.2

AMD Athlon? 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2b> - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need. Download this Setup Installation program (EXE) to automatically update all the files necessary for installation. This package is recommended for users whom desire a graphical user interface for installation. This .EXE driver is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users. This driver supports AMD Athlon 64/FX processors on Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP1 x84 and x64 Editions.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_ty...amdcpusetup.exe

Edited by nekrosoft13

Simple go to amd.com select utilities and drivers select 64/FX or 64 X2 it's part way down the list. Easy as pie.

So the system automatically OC's your PC?

Not quite their bud the description is talking about Cool & Quiet it turns down the voltage to the cpu to save power and heat.

sorry about the link, fixed now

this only underclocks your cpu if you have cool and quit on in your BIOS.

Other then that it does improve performance a bit

thanks for the update,

this makes me happy, a few months ago i decided to buy AMD system 64 actually, and these updates let me know that AMD doesnt stop tunning up my pc.

Wait to go AMD !! keep up the good work

I just installed the previous version.

Keeps my Athlon 64 below 40 degrees C most of the time :)

It should be below 40C without CnQ.

Are there any benefits for non-CnQ setups using this driver instead of the generic processr.sys?

it's mostly system stability, and things.. i find my computer runs better after i've installed the amd cpu drivers.

this will not install for me at all keeps asking me to uninstall previous driver and I already did that. help anyone?

make sure old standard cpu driver is installed

look for amdk8.sys on your c drive and delete if its there

and try again

did that and all it does is ask for it again at boot via the old path. I tried a roll back it finds no driver.

Dont understand why its not letting me install just says uninstall previous driver.

make sure old standard cpu driver is installed

look for amdk8.sys on your c drive and delete if its there

and try again

thats odd, now you said that file...I ran everest and i found this:

Device Properties:

Driver Description AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+

Driver Date 5/27/2006

Driver Version 1.3.2.0

Driver Provider Advanced Micro Devices

INF File oem7.inf

Hardware ID ACPI\AuthenticAMD_-_x86_Family_15_Model_44

It seems that the driver is not being installed since i am not running on the amd sys file. I have install this 2 times and restarted my computer 3 times. My computer nor windows is NOT oem or prebuilt

I am on MSN mess incase your want to message me