Run Homebrew On 360!

I'm putting it up on youtube to make a point. People=way too gullible.

Let's start a fake video challenge. So far, nobody has included the "original xbox game" blade in their homebrew vids.

I won't believe anything without documentation these days. I could show a touch screen version of Halo 3 running on my DS, and I bet a lot of people would oogle over the video. But, it's not worth a damn if you don't release some sort of documentation.

There is something fishy with that video? why do they use a ?home made? VGA cable when they can use the official ones and where do they got the correct pin layout for the VGA and the audio? Also, what?s the point of having a Mac Mini near your ?test area? when you?re going to roll a video and everything on the scene can be used to argue the authenticity of the video? :rolleyes:huh: :rolle:whistle:ifty: :whistle:

You do know that you can get unofficial VGA cables, right?

Homebrew on the 360 is possible and many reliable sources have already cited this, it is only a matter of time before it is released to the public.

You do know that you can get unofficial VGA cables, right?

Homebrew on the 360 is possible and many reliable sources have already cited this, it is only a matter of time before it is released to the public.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-de-77-d-49-en.html

There are a bunch of the said cables. Though, none look as shoddy as the one in the pic. So who knows. Though, the fact that the mini is near by, with a cable that does look like it's leading to the same monitor, yea, I can understand his skepticism.

Any comments on my fake video? Heh.

I have a question... since this is done via the Xbox BC and the emu uses full feature kernel of the original Xbox how do you make a "virtual mod chip" to crack/bypass the security of the kernel? :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

if creating a mod for the Xbox was hard I don't even want to think about how hard will it be to create a "virtual" one... :p

I have a question... since this is done via the Xbox BC and the emu uses full feature kernel of the original Xbox how do you make a "virtual mod chip" to crack/bypass the security of the kernel? :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

if creating a mod for the Xbox was hard I don't even want to think about how hard will it be to create a "virtual" one... :p

That's quite easy, although I wouldn't really refer whats been shown as the creation of a "virtual modchip," mainly due to the fact that one is already in place, as you well know. Due to the way the xbox 360 virtualizes games on its BC list, its all about altering the emulation profiles to allow non-signed items to be launched. Now since we do not have full kernel access, we have a few bytes to play around with, allowing us to run unsigned code, without the need for full kernel access. How the code is injected and allowed to run is another story, but basically, the xbox 360 thinks its running an original game, when its actually emulating old code.

PS: There was no need for you to word your question so confusingly. Your question should have simply stated: How do you get the xbox bc emulator to run/emulate homebrew code.

:shiftyninja: :woot: :blush: :) :D :whistle: :o :o :shifty:

How much bull**** points does that give me? :p

There is something fishy with that video? why do they use a ?home made? VGA cable when they can use the official ones and where do they got the correct pin layout for the VGA and the audio? Also, what?s the point of having a Mac Mini near your ?test area? when you?re going to roll a video and everything on the scene can be used to argue the authenticity of the video? :rolleyes:huh: :rolle:whistle:ifty: :whistle:

post-1340-1151960136.jpg

post-1340-1151960150.jpg

nice eye, don't forget when your about to do a demonstration, you don't want to walk AWAY from the area to get a laptop, it should already be setup ready to go. i thought of foul play there.

also remember, this video could of been recorded and edited and played without your knowing, maybe playing FROM the mac-mini?

he really should of played it out in the middle of the floor, with nothing around the tv / xbox 360.

nice eye, don't forget when your about to do a demonstration, you don't want to walk AWAY from the area to get a laptop, it should already be setup ready to go. i thought of foul play there.

also remember, this video could of been recorded and edited and played without your knowing, maybe playing FROM the mac-mini?

he really should of played it out in the middle of the floor, with nothing around the tv / xbox 360.

The only way to prove it is to release it. Videos are pointless. They give false hope, because many a times, this stuff ends up being false.

My vid is on youtube now:

It basically already has been on xbox-scene... A few days ago they showed screenshots of Avalaunch running in the background, along with another screenshot showing Surreal running behind a 360 system blade. The last shot showed a hard drive with more than 450gb free on it. Everyone screamed fake, and then it was confirmed to be real by team xecuter, among others.

What is an xbox "blade" ?

The different menus you switch between, like Media, System, those things. The giant tabs, most people call them blades.

possibly, but I bet they will do a system firmware update over a hard drive based download update... they do have that capability of flashing the firmware to force the old emulate not to function if it isnt the version they want it to be which would virtually lock the problem out..

The latest Back Compat updates have bypassed the Hard Drive and are installed directly onto the flash ROM in the console.

Therefore it would be much harder for people to avoid fixes than thought earlier.

The only way to prove it is to release it. Videos are pointless. They give false hope, because many a times, this stuff ends up being false.

hahaha, totally owned :p i now see how easy it is to pass off a fake video as a real one.. all it takes it timing and editing

Anyone else notice that before they showed a 450gb harddrive and said they could run homebrew. Now its on a dvd using a backwards compatibility hack on a dvd with no hardware change. How the hell did they manage to get a 450 gb hard drive to be reconized on the 360 without a hardware hack and run the dashboard in backwards compatibility mode. FAKE...

Anyone else notice that before they showed a 450gb harddrive and said they could run homebrew. Now its on a dvd using a backwards compatibility hack on a dvd with no hardware change. How the hell did they manage to get a 450 gb hard drive to be reconized on the 360 without a hardware hack and run the dashboard in backwards compatibility mode. FAKE...

Eh? That was a different one I think.

You are quite confused my friend. These are two different things, not one as you have been led to believe...

Yeah, you're not talking about the same thing. This is just one person making claims without any proof, the pictures posted with the 450gb hd and other things running were done by a private source and then given to xbox-scene... They never disclosed any more information, such as it needing a hard mod or whether it was an exploit.

I do however believe the link that this thread was started about is fake.

Edit: I absolutely love your sig Alpha2004 :)

Edit: I absolutely love your sig Alpha2004 :)

Voil?! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

meh.. V for Vendetta was an alright movie, wasn't the great

How exactly did you make that? DVD or something?

"This video has been removed by the user."

Mission accomplished.

A dvd video was used along with some "advanced" editing techniques. I could make a version where I control the person on screen perfectly, but that requires too much effort.

I can also make a "surreal" emulator playing on the 360, with the menus blablabla...so yeah...

My hope is that something will be released before I decide to sell my 360.

Edited by Alpha2004

While you can "fake" the video such as surreal running and everything, it was confirmed to be real by Team Xecuter as well as an admin or two of xbox-scene I believe... Plus, while they wanted to keep the source anonymous, they said it was a trusted one, so this is different then just empty claims made by single users out for attention.

In the end, it's just like a few have said here, videos and screens mean little, we want to be able to test these things out for ourselves before we'll 100% believe.