Assasin's Creed Confirmed for 360?

Assassin slinks its way to 360

Your backstabbing dreams have come true. Two sources -- Xboxygen and Club Skill if you must know -- have reported that Ubisoft has officially confirmed Assassin's Creed for both 360 and the PC. While most of us have suspected this anyway, especially given Ubisoft's penchant for cross-platform releases, it's nice to get some official word. It's not all sunshine and lollipops though: Ubisoft still hasn't mentioned whether or not Assassin's Creed will be a timed exclusive for the PS3.

Any thoughts?

Source - Xbox 360 Fanboy

I hope it's true but I'm not going to believe this until I hear it from UBI directly, not some Xbox fan sites.

Done and done: http://www.xbox-gamer.net/actualite-xbox36...r-360_9718.html

Translated:

During the IDEF 2006, Ubisoft confirmed that Assassin' s Creed was currently under development for Xbox 360 and PC, in more than one version besides the PlayStation 3 one already announced. The owners of Microsoft's console will be able them to thus step into the shoes of Altair at the height of the Third Crusade. More information soon, especially concerning a possible temporary exclusiveness for Sony's future machine.

EDIT: In all fairness, I've just posted another source claiming Ubisoft confirmation. :p

the demo shown behind closed doors at E3 this year was a beta build running on a Xbox 360 XeDK. just look around and you'll find some web sites/blogs talking about this topic and how UBI tried to cover this up by hidding the console it was running on and thats why this was the "best looking" game for the "PS3" at E3 06... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaaaacer! :p

Spartan_X I did believe that to begin with but now I don't believe that anymore... You got any proof of that 'cause all I'm hearing is people calling Microsoft staff liers for claiming such ridiculous thing. Reporters even claiming there wasn't a PS2 style USB connected controller there.

Spartan_X I did believe that to begin with but now I don't believe that anymore... You got any proof of that 'cause all I'm hearing is people calling Microsoft staff liers for claiming such ridiculous thing. Reporters even claiming there wasn't a PS2 style USB connected controller there.

well, if you're expecting to see a picture of that then the answer is no. here the only thing you can do is use common sense and you'll get the right answer, the "it was running off a PC emulation" its hard to believe since there's no way to emulate something so advanced and half baked like the PS3 hardware. also, remember UBI has access to the XNA Studio dev tools and they can easily create the core elements of the game and then just port all those assets to the PS3/PC enviroment which is a very common practice now days.

that said, you can also check this article from the Washington Post and you'll find some interesting information like a quote from the article that was deleted from IGN... :happy: :yes:

Washingtonpost.com

What I don't understand is why Sony would keep the PS3 wrapped up during the Assassin's Creed showing? They already announced the system, they already SHOWED the system, what's the point in keeping it in a stand under a sheet? I don't know why stuff like that bugs me.

I have no doubt this will be coming to the 360 as well. With the price announcement of the PS3, Ubi would be missing out on a huge part of the market (you know, those who won't shell out $500+ for a game system).

the demo shown behind closed doors at E3 this year was a beta build running on a Xbox 360 XeDK. just look around and you'll find some web sites/blogs talking about this topic and how UBI tried to cover this up by hidding the console it was running on and thats why this was the "best looking" game for the "PS3" at E3 06... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p :shifty: :whistle:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaaaacer! :p

You guys seriously need to shut up about the Xbox 360, until now I have yet to see a graphically stunning game on the Xbox 360, but of course we'll have to wait for a while for the graphics to improve and the devs have more hands on the development. Seriously though, don't say Assassins Creed was good looking because of the Xbox 360, IBM (Who made all 3 CPU's for the consoles) has already stated that the CELL is more powerful than anything they've ever created :rolleyes:, for a consumer market.

Now it would be cool to see some news about this, as I am not really a console gamer. I prefer to play my games on PC but considering this game is like Prince of Persia than I may have to buy a Playstation 3 or a 360.

You guys seriously need to shut up about the Xbox 360, until now I have yet to see a graphically stunning game on the Xbox 360, but of course we'll have to wait for a while for the graphics to improve and the devs have more hands on the development. Seriously though, don't say Assassins Creed was good looking because of the Xbox 360, IBM (Who made all 3 CPU's for the consoles) has already stated that the CELL is more powerful than anything they've ever created :rolleyes:, for a consumer market.

Now it would be cool to see some news about this, as I am not really a console gamer. I prefer to play my games on PC but considering this game is like Prince of Persia than I may have to buy a Playstation 3 or a 360.

What's with the hostility? Nowhere did anybody say "the game looked good because of the 360". What people are saying is that why wouldn't Assassin's Creed have equal success on the 360, considering it was run on the 360 at E3? (Not to mention the fact that we were all led to believe it WAS running on a PS3...but I'm not getting into one of those arguments). Everyone knows that the 360 and PS3 are damn near equal when it comes down to the results...how they achieve those results can be argued back and forth, but for me and the majority of people, it doesn't matter.

And so what if IBM said CELL is the most powerful thing they have ever created? You can have all the power in the world...the question is how are you going to use it and do you know how to use it? The same with the 360. The games having been released thus far are hardly using the full capacity of the 360.

And so what if IBM said CELL is the most powerful thing they have ever created? You can have all the power in the world...the question is how are you going to use it and do you know how to use it? The same with the 360. The games having been released thus far are hardly using the full capacity of the 360.

(text in bold) Exactly. :jump: