New Images of Virtua Tennis

virtua tennis is #1. was arround before top spin and i loved the game for the dreamcast (yes dreamcast)

but what does it matter? Tennis cant be played with joysticks. you have to feel the game of Tennis to truly enjoy it. :D :yes: :yes:

haven't played top spin yet.. but play virtua tennis on dreamcast alot.. still playing it, doubles are awesome!!

imo, virtua tennis is still the best tennis games on console.

Wow the from the top shots look almost real, like a photo. Looks like games are approaching the "Uncanny Valley".

What the... am I missing something, these shots look like cartoons... :s

What the... am I missing something, these shots look like cartoons... :s

I knew one of you guys was gonna come in here before too long and say how bad these shots look. Surprised it took this long, mommy must have made you some supper tonight.

Looks very good. But I'm happy with Top Spin 2 so I won't be buying this :p

I got annoyed with TS2 loading so I am hoping that VT will have less loading, more fun too, can't wait :D

played this at e3, seemed pretty good. a little more arcadey though, ie. more diving.

More arcadey than Top Spin 2 you mean? How is Top Spin? I am thinking of picking it up, Table Tennis has really shown me how fun online/versus tennis can be.

well compared to the previous topspin, you really couldn't screw up, even if you tried. it was winners only basically. but now there's a lot more risk involved, shots go in the net, miss the court, and the player doesn't dive at every other ball. in fact, you rarely see them dive at all.

well compared to the previous topspin, you really couldn't screw up, even if you tried. it was winners only basically. but now there's a lot more risk involved, shots go in the net, miss the court, and the player doesn't dive at every other ball. in fact, you rarely see them dive at all.

:laugh: I think I worded my post wrong.

I meant, is Top Spin 2 worth getting? Because all of the things you mentioned about Top Spin 1 really put me off quick. It was fun but man, it got real easy.

I meant, is Top Spin 2 worth getting? Because all of the things you mentioned about Top Spin 1 really put me off quick. It was fun but man, it got real easy.

Most definatley, I wasn't impressed with TS1 but TS2 feels a lot more like virtua tennis 1/2. Infact because of the detail and career mode i'd say it's better myself.

Give the demo a try from XBL