No new games work

I need some help with my Xbox360

I bought it with PGR3 which works fine, however i have now got G.R.A.W and Top Spin 2.

Both of these games refuse to work until i update them. Only one problem, where i live, i have no access to broadband. What can i do to get these games to work.

Any help would be appreciateted

some people are selling update disks on ebay for a small amount of cash, or you could. You can burn cd cdrom microsoft xbox site if you have a connection at work or mates

some people are selling update disks on ebay for a small amount of cash, or you could. You can burn cd cdrom microsoft xbox site if you have a connection at work or mates

He just posted on neowin didn't he? :rofl:

Haha sorry for being a smart ass :p

LOL planetik

I am staying at my girlfriends house while i buy a flat and they only have dial-up.

I looked on the xbox website, where abouts do i get the updates from, can someone point to the right part of the site

Cheers for the repsonses so far

Edited by mealies

Thanks for the link

I am going to sound stupid but that link is talking about Original Xbox games and i have got Xbox360 games will this matter. I assume this doesn't matter

That's weird. You shouldn't be asked to update unless you're connected to Live.

Yeah that is what I thought, something wierd is going on, definately call up Microsoft

I was thinking the same thing.

On another note, anyone who owns a 360 and broadband should really invest in XBL Gold, it's worth every penny and then some. I've had it since Nov.15 02 when it first came out, and haven't regretted it once.

Yep. That is how it works...

Since that makes like 4 of us now, I would call MS directly and see what is going on.

There is no reason at all why your 360 should be telling you to get updates if you are not connected through Live, and I do know this for a fact...

My one friend who has had a 360 since December, is more or less just to lazy/refuses to spend the extra cash to get a wireless connection going in his house, so his 360 is not connected to Live since it is on another floor other than where his router is. I have brought GRAW there to play, and he owns Top Spin 2, and he never gets any message about updating either game since he is not online. So I would say something is definitely up.