GameFly

Hey, I just joined GameFly because games are just a tad too expensive to be outright bought because I don't see myself playing them over and over down the line that much but would still love to try out the games. The blockbuster in my area hardly has any Xbox 360 titles and at rentals for $8 ea for 1 week it's totally not worth it!

However, when I went to add games to my que most of them say "Short Wait", anybody know how long of a 'wait' that actually is? I'd hate to have to be paying ~$22/mo to not get any games for a few weeks and waste time like that.

Anyone know of any other similar services? I'm sure if GameFly had some competition it would be cheaper/better/faster :p Let's hope NetFlix get's in on this or something!

unless you live on the west coast, your service is going to be sub-par....i had gf for ahwile, and the wait times were to long for me. You can expect to only get about 3 games a month on the 2 out at a time deal. Short wait is a couple days at most

I was going to join GameFly recently but when I went to check their website, alot of the games I wanted for the 360 were short or long wait. In the end I didn't think $21/mo. was worth waiting around for games to come (I already went through this with Netflix, although they have a much larger quantity).

Let us know how it turns out though :)

honestly, there's never much of a wait. i've seen it one day where all the "good" games were short wait. then the next day, all the good games were no wait, and the "average" games were all "short wait".

Short Wait is just that. A Short Wait. I never have had to wait more than a day for a game I wanted...

Also, if it is a game I really, really want, Here is my trick...

I remove everything from my queue and just leave the game I want on there. I always get it delivered the next day, as the status of games are changing constantly, I have seen one game change status from Available to Short Wait back and forth about 4 times just in one day. So you will be fine...

Also, my delivery times have gotten dramatically quicker since I started using them. At first, it was really slow, so much so I almost decided to stop using them. But now, it is pretty much as smooth as can be, and it appears now that Fast Return or whatever it is called is now working for me, so games get shipped out to me once they get scanned by the post office for sending it back, so this is key to smooth shipping...

Honestly though, sure, the renting part is a huge aspect of it all, but the biggest advantage of GF is buying games itself. There is nothing more satisfying to me than buying a new release for $15.00 cheaper than it is on it's release day, which is exactly what I did with the latest Hitman. I got it shipped to me the day it was released, and the Keep It Now price was $44.95... That is a significant savings over the retail price, and that is the day it was released. Add in the fact you get 5 points (dollars) that you wind up accumalting over the months that you can use towards purchases, and the biggest perk of GameFly to me is being able to try a new game out first to make sure I like it, and then buying it at what is a pretty significant savings. (Y)

Definitely check it out...

Hey, I just joined GameFly because games are just a tad too expensive to be outright bought because I don't see myself playing them over and over down the line that much but would still love to try out the games. The blockbuster in my area hardly has any Xbox 360 titles and at rentals for $8 ea for 1 week it's totally not worth it!

However, when I went to add games to my que most of them say "Short Wait", anybody know how long of a 'wait' that actually is? I'd hate to have to be paying ~$22/mo to not get any games for a few weeks and waste time like that.

Anyone know of any other similar services? I'm sure if GameFly had some competition it would be cheaper/better/faster :p Let's hope NetFlix get's in on this or something!

If the game is a one week rental then you can keep it for 2 weeks because of the "No Late Fees" rule. You can keep it another week after the due date. :p

I live on eastcoast US, and I have no issues with Gamefly. The new hot titles sometimes have a wait, but, I can wait to play them. I get other games in the mean time.

Now, if a game comes out that I know I will play ALL THE TIME, I buy it. NCAA2007 Football for 360 will be purchased. :) But games like Battlefield, Table Tennis, etc, all get sent from gamefly.

Its been worth the money. I have gamefly and netflix. Love them both. :)

If the game is a one week rental then you can keep it for 2 weeks because of the "No Late Fees" rule. You can keep it another week after the due date. :p

Yes, that is true, I thought about that too, but then you get nagging phone calls form them whenever you have something due and if you wait too long they charge your card the full price of the game. I would just like the convenience of no late fees. Also, the selection at my Blockbuster is absolutely horrible, that and the fact that they only have 1 maybe 2 copies of each game, so whenever I want to go pick something up it's either already rented out or they just don't have it. Probably one of the many reasons why they're going out of business. :no:

On a lighter note, two of the games that I added to my que (one was at the highest priority) were sent out earlier today despite the fact that they all said "Short Wait" this past weekend. Maybe it's not so bad afterall ;)

honestly, there's never much of a wait. i've seen it one day where all the "good" games were short wait. then the next day, all the good games were no wait, and the "average" games were all "short wait".

agreed, its usually a very short wait for me in DC. The Fast Shipping really improved things.

I just put Wario for DS in the mailbox on Sunday, so Hopefully I'll be playing Prey in the next few days!

After reading through this and hearing the decent experinces from people in Jersey I decided to try it out. Chromehounds (available now) and Battlefield 2 (shortwait) are in my Q, cant wait to see how the service is. Hopefully I get it by saturday.

With blockbuster you may want to ask about their gamepass thing. You pay like 21 something per month, and can have one game out at a time as long as you want. And as many rentals per month as you can get.

So for all of those on the east coast how long does it take for something to arrive after it shipped? Will my games be here by saturday if they shipped today?

With blockbuster you may want to ask about their gamepass thing. You pay like 21 something per month, and can have one game out at a time as long as you want. And as many rentals per month as you can get.
The problem is the selection and availability at most Blockbusters (at least the one around my area) really suck.
So for all of those on the east coast how long does it take for something to arrive after it shipped? Will my games be here by saturday if they shipped today?
It took mine 2 days to get to my house. I imagine it usually takes 2 or 3 days max... not bad at all.

yep, Gamefly usually comes in 2-4 days. Its definitely advantageous to ship stuff after Sunday because if you ship before or during the weekend, you lose that day, but other than that, I cant think of a turnaround being more than 4 days. NCAA is next on my Q, can't wait to play it...GO BLUE