Looking for a Free LAN game

I'm looking for a fun light weight LAN game that we can play at work, its not have to be Unreal \ Gun style but it needs to be addictive.. :)

I remember that long ago i've played on Lan something similar to Tetris with multiple players throwing bombs on each other etc'.. that was pretty cool

any way, any recommendation is more then welcome.

Edited by Namooth

• 2 weeks later...

Slighty over the 50mb limit but Warsow is a cell shaded fps quake style, no need to install anything either.

http://www.warsow.net/

looks cool but unfortunately in my office most of the computers are 800 MHz and with no 3d card.. some of them are with a crappy on board video chip.. most of the day we spend playing games from www.miniclips.com .

I think that the perfect game we can find would be a fast game with an easy login logout, a window mode is a must (work...after all) warsow is cool, but its kinda heavy for that purpose.

I'll try soldat, alltough i never did liked those worms games.. too slow for me.

I'm looking for a fun light weight LAN game that we can play at work, its not have to be Unreal \ Gun style but it needs to be addictive.. :)

I remember that long ago i've played on Lan something similar to Tetris with multiple players throwing bombs on each other etc'.. that was pretty cool

any way, any recommendation is more then welcome.

wolfenstein: enemy territory

www.splashdamage.com

Minimum PC System Requirements: Processor Type: Intel? Pentium? II ;processor, AMD Athlon™ processor ;Processor Speed: 400MHz Operating System: Windows 95/98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP;System Memory: 128MB RAMHard Drive Space: 800MB; Video: 3D hardware accelerator with 16MB VRAM with full Open GL suporb>t, 16-bit high-color Video mode; Sound Card: DirectX 3.0-compatible or higher; Drive Type and Speed: CD-ROM 4x; Modem: 56.6 Kbps; Additional Requirements: Keyboard and mouse, Internet service required to access online features

That Soldat game is actually pretty fun, I killed meny people with my grenade launcher while their in the air :D .

My friend shrunk a couple of games to smaller sizes

Starcraft: 60MB

Quake 3: 160MB

and man thats small :yes: