Holden VE Commodore is here

It was launched at 10.50am Melbourne time today. I must say, its nice, but I'm dissapointed, it looks like a typical V series Commodore to an extent, which is what holden said they wern't doing.

When I find an actual article, I'll post it. Holden's website still hasn't launched the car.

Full details: all-new VE Commodore debuts

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/car-review/1902538.aspx

Countdown to Commodore reaches climax

http://www.theage.com.au/news/news/countdo...2637865681.html

15countmzu0.jpg

displayimagenc9.jpg

probably SS variant of sorts...

still cant find propper shots... stupid internet, you're supposed to have all the answers!!!

looks like a chubby falcon. Id still take a BA.

it looks shaped kinda like some later model toyotas. ugly is all i can say. but we'll see how the R8 variant will look and maybe ill change my mind. VZ R8 looks awesome, VZ anything else (in sedan this is) looks aweful. i do like monaros too but thats something completely different.

Full details: all-new VE Commodore debuts

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/car-review/1902538.aspx

Countdown to Commodore reaches climax

http://www.theage.com.au/news/news/countdo...2637865681.html

15countmzu0.jpg

displayimagenc9.jpg

probably SS variant of sorts...

still cant find propper shots... stupid internet, you're supposed to have all the answers!!!

looks like a chubby falcon. Id still take a BA.

Agreed. The front end looks very "Falconish", the backend just looks like a VZ. I'm loving the flares over the wheels, that looks nice.

Glad I drive a BA Falcon :cool:

Calais V

151.jpg

17.jpg

141.jpg

121.jpg

SS

101.jpg

112.jpg

91.jpg

81.jpg

72.jpg

Caprice

63.jpg

53.jpg

Statesman

22.jpg

43.jpg

32.jpg

They have BOSE stereo systems! That is freaking awesome!

They have BOSE stereo systems! That is freaking awesome!

Kevin O'Doyle: What kind of stereo do you have?

Michael Newman: I don't know, Kevin, I never checked.

Kevin O'Doyle: Well my dad's stereo is a Bose.

Michael Newman: [yell's while driving away] What? Your Dad's stereo blows? Well that's too bad!

:laugh:

I can't believe no one has noticed, this looks like a replica to the ford falcon.

Check this pic out:

http://www.home.no/wero/pics/ford%20falcon...ylad%20klar.jpg

Compare it with the red version at the top, it's about the same, holden just sharpened some corners and edges, they have the worst designers ever, i don't get why they waste 4-5 yrs designing a new model when the external is still poor.

I can't believe no one has noticed, this looks like a replica to the ford falcon.

Check this pic out:

http://www.home.no/wero/pics/ford%20falcon...ylad%20klar.jpg

Compare it with the red version at the top, it's about the same, holden just sharpened some corners and edges, they have the worst designers ever, i don't get why they waste 4-5 yrs designing a new model when the external is still poor.

yeah alright. Either, you know nothing about Australian cars. You are a ford fan, or just hate Holden. But clearly, you have no idea about designing cars.

They make cars for what the market wants.

Just me, its completely different from the Falcon, part from the low long bonnett / hood. Which, most european big cars have too!

I drive a BA Falcon, it looks nothing like the VE Commodore.

yeah alright. Either, you know nothing about Australian cars. You are a ford fan, or just hate Holden. But clearly, you have no idea about designing cars.

They make cars for what the market wants.

Just me, its completely different from the Falcon, part from the low long bonnett / hood. Which, most european big cars have too!

I drive a BA Falcon, it looks nothing like the VE Commodore.

No actually, i hate australian cars + korean cars, because they aren't innovative enough.

The problem with the australian auto industry is it's just the same old thing everytime, a beefy sedan, with a beefy engine, and in which many cases you can't use all that power in your engine anyways on everyday roads.

I'm sure they can do better and direct into other car categories, i use to think they don't have enough money in the earlier days, but i'm sure they've racked up a bit now to invest in other types of cars instead of buying from opel.

Edited by Winston

Umm... hang on.

Ford Australia:

Ford Fiesta - Tiny

Ford Focus - Small

Ford Falcon - Large

Ford Fairlane - Large

Ford Fairmont - Large

Ford Escape - 4WD

Ford Territory - Sports 4WD

Ford Explorer - Luxury 4WD

Ford Flacon Ute - Sports Ute / Utility

Ford Courier 4x2 - Ute / Utility

Ford Courier 4x4 - Ute / Utility

Ford Transit - Van

Ford F Series - Large Ute / Utility / "Truck"

Holden:

Holden Barina - Tiny

Holden Viva - Tiny

Holden Astra - Small

Holden Astra Hatch - Small

Holden Astra Diesel - Small

Holden Astra Coupe - Small

Holden Astra Convertable - Small/Sports

Holden Astra Turbo - Small/Sports

Holden Astra Wagon - Small

Holden Vectra - Medium

Holden Tigra - Tiny

Holden Commodore - Large

Holden Berlina - Large

Holden Calais - Large

Holden Commodore Ute - Sports Ute / Utility

Holden Adventura - Sports AWD

Holden Crewman - Sports Ute / Utility

Holden Statesman International - Large

Holden Caprice - Large

Holden Combo - Small Van

Holden Rodeo - Ute / Utility

Lets not forget the International hit that is the Holden Monaro.

I think both companies have all of Australia's markets covered there mate. Not to mention, you can't be an Aussie, and if you are, you clearly don't love cars.

Australian's love their BIG FAST cars. Yes, we love tanks witha big engine. Maybe hard for some people to understand, but the car lovers of Australia, know what I mean, Australia is a big car country, its likra stereotype... well... not a stereotype at all really, since its fact.

Edit: Added market.

Edited by Nashy

Many of the listed models for Holden above are opels.

And many of them are variations of the commodore. I think the biggest issue is, they don't have big enough overhauls with their designs, if you think about it the designs are very plain.

For ford, i don't get what you're saying there, when many of those are all american based imports? Falcon is the only one that's still designed in aus.

For toyota, back then corolla use to be made in australia, now it's only camry.

What i'm trying to get to is, australia should pick up on another category besides being good at sedans, cause thats all they primarily make and design here.

I didn't comment on big cars, and i wouldn't since, america's cars are extremely enormous too, or even bigger.

Sorry bud but I'll have to agree with Winston. Most of Australia does not love their "BIG FAST cars" If they did, why are countless switching from the big 3.0-4.0L engines found in the Dunnydoors and Falcons to something more economical like the Corolla's, Echo's, etc? I'll tell you why, one factor; PETROL.

These big cars whilst able to deliver big power numbers at the wheels (which lets face it, most of which can't be used LEGALLY on the roads) use large amounts of fuel when compared to the smaller cars like I listed above. A few years ago, this wasn't a problem but with petrol hanging around the $1.40 mark, filling up a standard $60L tank will cost you between $70-80. If you do a fair bit of driving, that's a LOT of money a week!!!

Now, I know you are gonna label me a "ricer" or whatever but I believe that the Japanese automotive industry is bounds ahead of what is offered here in Australia. Their car engines are smaller, more efficient and in my opinion, are styled vastly superior.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02, think what you will

Thats great. People who have been driving these big cars all their lives won't change just because of fuel.

The Camry isn't an Australian car.

Toyota

Mitsibishi

All designed offshore in Japan.

You're also forgetting one of the main things as to why Ford and Holden don't spend a great deal of time desiging cars.

Well, one is part of the Ford Motor Company, and the other is a part of General Motors. Why would Ford or GM fork out a crapload more money for Australia to "build their own" when they already have cars suitable for an Australian market.

they are a business, money is the main concern. Oh, my 4L engine is pretty damn good on fuel too, far far far better than the Magna 2.6 I was driving, far better than the Lancer 1.8 my parents drive.

Falcons and Commodores have been best sellers in Aussie and NZ since Adam was a cowboy.

BTW, the SS sound system says Blaupunkt?

I can't see it. I just assumed they had changed from them to Bose. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still go hard. :)

Many of the listed models for Holden above are opels.

I believe German Opel, English Vauxhall and it seems like Holden are all under the cap of General Motors - general cars for the general public, something for the majority of middle class population

Holden is Vauxhall basiclally right? This is wierd, I see those cars and think 'Vauxhall Astra' yet they are like a really nice sporty version lol