Holden VE Commodore is here

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Winston

Winston

Neowinian Senior

• 3,303 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:44

Many of the listed models for Holden above are opels.

And many of them are variations of the commodore. I think the biggest issue is, they don't have big enough overhauls with their designs, if you think about it the designs are very plain.

For ford, i don't get what you're saying there, when many of those are all american based imports? Falcon is the only one that's still designed in aus.

For toyota, back then corolla use to be made in australia, now it's only camry.

What i'm trying to get to is, australia should pick up on another category besides being good at sedans, cause thats all they primarily make and design here.

I didn't comment on big cars, and i wouldn't since, america's cars are extremely enormous too, or even bigger.

#17 heslo

heslo

Neowinian

• 686 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:46

Sorry bud but I'll have to agree with Winston. Most of Australia does not love their "BIG FAST cars" If they did, why are countless switching from the big 3.0-4.0L engines found in the Dunnydoors and Falcons to something more economical like the Corolla's, Echo's, etc? I'll tell you why, one factor; PETROL.

These big cars whilst able to deliver big power numbers at the wheels (which lets face it, most of which can't be used LEGALLY on the roads) use large amounts of fuel when compared to the smaller cars like I listed above. A few years ago, this wasn't a problem but with petrol hanging around the $1.40 mark, filling up a standard $60L tank will cost you between $70-80. If you do a fair bit of driving, that's a LOT of money a week!!!

Now, I know you are gonna label me a "ricer" or whatever but I believe that the Japanese automotive industry is bounds ahead of what is offered here in Australia. Their car engines are smaller, more efficient and in my opinion, are styled vastly superior.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02, think what you will

#18 OP Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:16

Thats great. People who have been driving these big cars all their lives won't change just because of fuel.

The Camry isn't an Australian car.

Toyota
Mitsibishi

All designed offshore in Japan.

You're also forgetting one of the main things as to why Ford and Holden don't spend a great deal of time desiging cars.

Well, one is part of the Ford Motor Company, and the other is a part of General Motors. Why would Ford or GM fork out a crapload more money for Australia to "build their own" when they already have cars suitable for an Australian market.

they are a business, money is the main concern. Oh, my 4L engine is pretty damn good on fuel too, far far far better than the Magna 2.6 I was driving, far better than the Lancer 1.8 my parents drive.

#19 da13ro

da13ro

Neowinian

• 514 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:28

Lovely, good on ya holden. Nice sites btw nice work.

#20 Michael_C

Michael_C

The intarnets is bad !!11!1!

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:43

Falcons and Commodores have been best sellers in Aussie and NZ since Adam was a cowboy.

BTW, the SS sound system says Blaupunkt?

#21 OP Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:48

Falcons and Commodores have been best sellers in Aussie and NZ since Adam was a cowboy.

BTW, the SS sound system says Blaupunkt?

I can't see it. I just assumed they had changed from them to Bose. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still go hard. :)

#22 wicker_man

wicker_man

• 1,149 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:55

Many of the listed models for Holden above are opels.

I believe German Opel, English Vauxhall and it seems like Holden are all under the cap of General Motors - general cars for the general public, something for the majority of middle class population

#23 Michael_C

Michael_C

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:56

I can't see it. I just assumed they had changed from them to Bose. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still go hard. :)

http://stadium.weblo...VE_SS_V_024.jpg

Ford use Pioneer don't they? I know they used to.

#24 Syphonic

Syphonic

Savvy

• 1,643 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:57

Holden is Vauxhall basiclally right? This is wierd, I see those cars and think 'Vauxhall Astra' yet they are like a really nice sporty version lol

#25 Michael_C

Michael_C

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:00

Holden and Vauxhall are both GM so they share some models.

Why don't Holden have anything to counter the success of the XR6T?

#26 OP Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:57

Holden and Vauxhall are both GM so they share some models.

Why don't Holden have anything to counter the success of the XR6T?

Because HSV hasn't got their hands on the VE platform yet.... I say YET :shifty:

I don't believe Ford use Pioneer anymore either.

#27 DKAngel

DKAngel

That i cannot own ....I shall destroy

• 2,192 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:09

now if only i could afford one, like how they have made it a little more curvier, puts my vs to shame :(
plus whats with ppl saying it looks iek a ford? i allways thought the ba falcon looked like a holden, eh either way lets hope they have improved the engine and whatnot =]

*drooools*

#28 golazo

golazo

Neowinian Senior

• 7,047 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:14

i like the interior but exterior looks like dogs bollox to me.. i'd take a ba anyday, but i have to live with my vx :p

#29 OP Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,942 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:21

i like the interior but exterior looks like dogs bollox to me.. i'd take a ba anyday, but i have to live with my vx :p

Take a BA over it. That just proves that you are a real man

#30 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• 6,253 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:07

I believe German Opel, English Vauxhall and it seems like Holden are all under the cap of General Motors - general cars for the general public, something for the majority of middle class population

Yeah that is pretty much correct, most of the Holden cars are pretty much re-badged, instead of just introducing a heap of different brands under the GM banner, they just release (most of) them as Holdens (Examples, the Holden Barina used tobe re-badged Opel Corsa but now it's a rebadged Daewoo Kalos (I think that is right?), the Holden Rodeo is a re-badged Isuzu Rodeo, the Holden Astra is a re-badged Opel Astra etc) the Commodore (and its variants) are the only "true" Holdens, rest are imports.

Because HSV hasn't got their hands on the VE platform yet.... I say YET :shifty:
I don't believe Ford use Pioneer anymore either.

They have now :woot:

Notice there are currently only sedans? no wagon, no ute, no Crewman or Adventura...I've heard that Holden were having trouble with those models, they should show up soon enough, plus hopefully the rumored VE based Monaro might come out sometime in the next year or two :woot:

Attached Images

• eseries_gts.jpg

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!