Photo

Holden VE Commodore is here

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Joey992

Joey992

• 1,076 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:19

I had no idea the Ford Falcon was that good looking. I need to move to Australia. The only Falcon I remember are the rust buckets from the late 60s. Ford needs to bring that thing stateside as an alternative to the boring Mustangs that are a dime a dozen.

#32 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• 6,282 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:33

I had no idea the Ford Falcon was that good looking. I need to move to Australia. The only Falcon I remember are the rust buckets from the late 60s. Ford needs to bring that thing stateside as an alternative to the boring Mustangs that are a dime a dozen.

Well there is a very very slim chance of that happening, I was reading Wikipedia article for the Falcon and it is suggesting that the 2008 Falcon will also be made in left-hand drive and that since apparently Ford are closing down (or have closed down) the plant that produces the Crown Vic, the Aussie Falcon *might* (and a I stress might, as in they might just build the Crown Vic elsewhere) take its place, but this is pure speculation. So maybe in the future you might see some Falcon XR (most likely either a XR8 or XR6 Turbo) police vehicles or Falcon XT/Fairlane Taxis cruising North America and privately owned ones too ;) and if Ford do bring the Falcon to North America they should also bring the FPV vehicles (specifically the GT, GT-P and F6 Typhoon) as well.

Why get a Mustang if you could get this (see below)? :p (no offense to the Mustang fans out there, I think it's a great car, Ford brought it to Australia for a while but it was pulled due to lack of interest)

I probally should stop filling a Holden thread with Ford stuff now :laugh: ...oddly enough I'm a Holden man myself, but I have to admit the BA/BF Falcons are awesome cars :) ok I'll stop it now :p

Attached Images

• banner_typhoon.jpg

Edited by Xerxes, 19 September 2006 - 11:44.

#33 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

• 11,691 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 14:10

Bose make the greatest sound gear going.... And that SS is awesome.

i personally like the cars and wish they would come state side...

#34 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,957 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 13:35

I will have to agree with those that say that powerful cars are not really needed. You only use like 20% of it's features and power. I know because my parents has this phathom-coloured (strong dark purple) XR6. Guess what. They have never made use of many of it's features. Why need a car that max out at like 280 kmh when all you need is like 150 kmh. The max speed allowed here is 110 kmh on many roads except in NT where it's up to you how fast you want. These cars are designed for racing in mind especially the V8 Supercars.

These new commodores sure does look like my parents XR6. Very similar headlights to a regular BA, very similar body style as well.

#35 OP Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,037 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:11

I will have to agree with those that say that powerful cars are not really needed. You only use like 20% of it's features and power. I know because my parents has this phathom-coloured (strong dark purple) XR6. Guess what. They have never made use of many of it's features. Why need a car that max out at like 280 kmh when all you need is like 150 kmh. The max speed allowed here is 110 kmh on many roads except in NT where it's up to you how fast you want. These cars are designed for racing in mind especially the V8 Supercars.

These new commodores sure does look like my parents XR6. Very similar headlights to a regular BA, very similar body style as well.

Look the same. There is nothing alike in the whole car. Seriously. BA driver, and Commodore lover, they are compeltely different.

The only thing the looks remotly similar is the bonnet. Long and quite flat. Thats just because thats what people want to buy.

Actually looking at selling the BA for a VZ Commodore. Not sure yet. Possibly a XR6T

#36 Michael_C

Michael_C

The intarnets is bad !!11!1!

• 1,296 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:11

Oh, because your parents do everything that other people might do with their cars? Commodores and Falcons are great workhorse cars because they have plenty of torque and so can tow decent loads. They are also a drivers car built for comfortable or fun open road driving with plenty of power there when you need it to overtake someone.

#37 joni1234

joni1234

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 20:03

i was one of them who missed this launch...
exhaust

#38 ndoggfromhell

ndoggfromhell

Master of the 6th Speed

• 578 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 20:26

Holy necrothread revival. nothing like a 6 and a half year gap in posts!

i was one of them who missed this launch...
exhaust