Why does Halo 2 lag for me?

Im on a 1mb or 2mb connection, not sure, lol, but i get 20-40 ping on CSS and any other online game i play via my pc ok.so why, when i play eithe rmy xbox 1 or 360 on live!Do i get a red ping about 80% of the time? and if i do get a red ping, how come it never evens out at yellow or increases...

its really annoying cause its the only game id really want to play on Live! on my xbox/xbox 360.

its connected normally through my computer which in turn, is connected via wifi to the router, but atm its connected directly to the router via the lan cable that came with the premium pack.

Im on a 1mb or 2mb connection, not sure, lol, but i get 20-40 ping on CSS and any other online game i play via my pc ok.so why, when i play eithe rmy xbox 1 or 360 on live!Do i get a red ping about 80% of the time? and if i do get a red ping, how come it never evens out at yellow or increases...

its really annoying cause its the only game id really want to play on Live! on my xbox/xbox 360.

its connected normally through my computer which in turn, is connected via wifi to the router, but atm its connected directly to the router via the lan cable that came with the premium pack.

The cause might be bad connection hosts, also I suggest you connect it back through your computer as you are likely less to lag.

If all fails head to some unranked playlists and try to get matched with guests only so you can get host. You won't lag with host.

• 3 weeks later...

The cause might be bad connection hosts, also I suggest you connect it back through your computer as you are likely less to lag.

If all fails head to some unranked playlists and try to get matched with guests only so you can get host. You won't lag with host.

You do lag with host.

How fast is your upload speed? Are you uploading while playing?

Connection speed means nout when it comes to ping. It's about optimizing the hops it takes to get to the server. If you're running it through your PC as a router it's going to add ms on to your current ping as your PC is going to be doing some leg work to get you to the router. If you want the same kind of connection that you already recieve on your PC. You're going to have to buy the wifi connection for your 360.

You may also need to open some some ports on your router if that has a built in firewall. If that still doesn't work, check the state of the cable you are currently using, if it's in disrepair you will get packet loss.

You won't lag with host.

Half true, you won't but everyone connecting to you will.

Edited by Spookie

ok dude ut problum is if ur usein a router dont use ur computer to download it makes it slow!!! so dont download when u play halo

im not that stupid mate, of course i dont download while trying to play online lol.

yeah i think it was bridged (highlighted wireless and lan then right click bridge) but atm i havent played Halo 2 online for a while but do have my Xbox 360 connected straight to the router.

thanks for the help guys, im just going to wait until i get my cable when i move upgraded then ill start playing more often