XBox 360 Scratching games...

I know this has probably been posted before, but i couldnt find anything. I put a disk into the tray and no more than 2 minutes into playing the game, it completlyscratches the bottom and ruins the disk...is there anything i can do as to like...pushing something in inside the tray while its open, or should i just return the box and get a new one. I bought this thing yesterday and its already messed up ahah

Going on the fact I really do hope you are not tilting it while it is on because that would do it, Get a new one ASAP.

My friends eventually started doing the same exact thing, and then completely died shortly after.

I would personally also make sure you tell them just what game or games did get scratched, because they should somehow reimburse you for the game as well.

MS claims that the system must be moved for it to destroy a disk. My 360 destroyed my CTA2 and sitting by it's self, and with no one within 50 ft, (i was in the front of the church when i hit the on button on the remote, and it started to the unit, which made all kinds of noise, then gave an error on the screen.

The jerks at MS gave me a song and dance about it being my issue.

It is nice that the remotes work as far as 85 feet away.

Actually, MS was really nice and got Ubisoft to replace my GRAW for me when I told them that the console was scratching my games.

Magik, I think you can remove the links in your sig... They all seem fine to me now.

Actually, MS was really nice and got Ubisoft to replace my GRAW for me when I told them that the console was scratching my games.

Magik, I think you can remove the links in your sig... They all seem fine to me now.

Trong, where did you get that done? My GRAW disc got scrated really bad by my 360 too, and I'd love to get a proper working copy. Sometimes it works, but it usually takes 2-10 reboots for it to initiate the game and not bring me to the DVD loader screen... :angry:

Umm, I called Xbox support and I told them that my 360 scratched my GRAW while I was playing it (It did). When I called them, they asked if I had tilted it and I had answered no, so they asked if I had a subwoofer near the console and I answered yes. The guy told me to wait a sec and he gave me a series of numbers to tell Ubisoft when I wanted a replacement.

Oh, whoops, I forgot to mention, it cost $10 for the replacement and you have to ship it in.