Xbox or 360

I was wondering if i should wait till x-mas and get a 360 after the rumored price drop, or get one for 100 bucks w/ free game? Is the price drop gonna happen? Is it even worth it to get either of them? The only gaming system i have is a N64 and Dreamcast so.....

give me ure 5 cents.

Well the hollidays always has spechiel sales. and the day after christmis is another day full of sales.

thats with all items in the cousmer world.

I would say that the 360 price will not drop since it's one of the best system around even in december since PS3 will cost more than mere $400.00. I would say just don't buy anything right now, there might be some deal during holidays. So just wait it out...

The 100 dollar price drop might not even happen and even before that the 360 is well worth your money. I absolutely love mine and if you like the dreamcast your best bet would be the 360.

@neil19_us- a MERE???? $400?

@ everybody else- If i bought the xbox, all the accesories and games would be cheap because its discontinued. and if i don't have a hdtv, would the 360 be worth it?

:pinch: There will be no price drop. It's been said many times by MS.

A friend sent me an email saying he had a buddy who was going to buy an Xbox 360, but wanted to know if he should wait "for any reason...". I told him if we dropped the price before Sony ships, I'd give him the difference myself. (Note to Kotaku: This doesn't apply to anyone else but Chris's friend--I can just see the headline now.)

But, just to be sure, I checked again with several people who know, and I was assured that we have no plans to change the price of the Xbox 360 this fall. In fact, the PR group supplied this "official statement".

"Microsoft has no plans to change the price of the Xbox 360 Core or Xbox 360 SKUs this fall."

As for the reports going around, they probably relate back to our overall plans to reduce the price of all the console components over the life of the console.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/200.../28/536453.aspx

Xbox1 is still a great console and if you havn't played any games on it, there is tons that wouldkeep you happy, My xbox1 just is begining to brake :(, But i'll probably wait till christmas to see if i bother getting a 360 or not; the price may be cheaper and there will be loads more great games.

I have played the 360 and yes hdtv does help alot, but its still grand on a normal tv.

:pinch: There will be no price drop. It's been said many times by MS.

I'm not saying there will be a price drop - in fact, I believe it's very unlikely - but when's the last time a console maker confirmed a price drop months before it's rumored to happen? Whenever a price drop eventually comes, you won't hear about it from MS until the price has actually dropped. Otherwise they would only lose sales in the meantime.

True, but usually it's actually necessary to drop a price in order to compete. This time around, it really isn't. But just because MS isnt going to drop the MSRP doesn't mean individual retailers won't have sales, or make their own bundles around the holidays. Just food for thought.

-Spenser

I'm not saying there will be a price drop - in fact, I believe it's very unlikely - but when's the last time a console maker confirmed a price drop months before it's rumored to happen? Whenever a price drop eventually comes, you won't hear about it from MS until the price has actually dropped. Otherwise they would only lose sales in the meantime.

The original poster asked for some advice on whether or not to purchase a 360 this fall/winter. He also asked about the rumored price drops for this fall/winter. These rumors have already been proven false.

Otherwise, you'll likely see a price drop around next year.

Im waiting for the price drop that will come, be it this year or next. Naturally it will drop. Basically the games I want are Farcry instincts which is out and then Halo 3 and Gears of War which arent out so I'm really in no rush. There was one other game I wanted I believe but I cant rmember it off my head, perhaps itt was Fable 2. In any event most of what I want is some time from release so I can afford to wait, hell I may even get one wit hthe new cpu or whatever. Not that I want it for it being faster or not (noone stated either way but i doubt itd be faster), just that hopefully being more power efficient may reduce other issued such as heat. thats assuming they do do the early 07 revision still

There won't be a price drop this year, that's for sure. But there probably will be some sort of software bundle for the holidays if you want to wait for that. Next year, more than likely, there will be a price drop.

The original poster asked for some advice on whether or not to purchase a 360 this fall/winter. He also asked about the rumored price drops for this fall/winter. These rumors have already been proven false.

Otherwise, you'll likely see a price drop around next year.

I agree that there won't likely be a price drop until next year. All I was saying is that a company denial of a price drop doesn't mean there won't be one. Sony was still denying the PS2 price drop a week before it went down to $129. They don't want consumers waiting for a price drop so they wait until the last minute to confirm anything. The same goes for bundles.

But to answer the OP; yeah it's probably best to get the original Xbox if you don't want to spend $399 on a console this year. The games are a lot cheaper, too.

I think I'm going to go with an original xbox for my birthday. I may use some live, but not 24/7. If i do use live, could i use a usb wireless adapter to gain internet as opposed to ethernet? How big is the included hardrive in an box, how much is set aside for gamesaves etc.?

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I think I'm going to go with an original xbox for my birthday. I may use some live, but not 24/7. If i do use live, could i use a usb wireless adapter to gain internet as opposed to ethernet? How big is the included hardrive in an box, how much is set aside for gamesaves etc.?

Thanks for the quick feedback.

No, you can't use a USB Wireless Adapter, the original Xbox does not have any 'usable' USB ports, only ethernet for internet connection. There are ethernet-to-wireless adapters, however. The included hard drive is roughly 8GB, all used for game saves/music stored on the hard drive/game cache. Hard drive space is not much of an issue in the original Xbox since there are no downloadable demos or anything like that.

Ok thanks for the info. I have one last question that is more of a networking question. Could i run an ethernet cord fropm a wirelessy networked computer to thv xbox. so it would be like this: i have a host computer with router and modem that is wirelessly networked to one in my room. I want to run the ethernet from the computer in my room to my xbox. Would this work?

Thanks for everyones answers.

Peace

Ok thanks for the info. I have one last question that is more of a networking question. Could i run an ethernet cord fropm a wirelessy networked computer to thv xbox. so it would be like this: i have a host computer with router and modem that is wirelessly networked to one in my room. I want to run the ethernet from the computer in my room to my xbox. Would this work?

Thanks for everyones answers.

Peace

I have never really tried this but it may be possible. What you would need to do, however, is purchase a crossover cable (not your standard ethernet cable) and then enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the Windows PC (not sure how this would work for a Mac). But I think you're asking for all sorts of trouble connecting to Xbox Live this way with all the ports/firewall/etc. I think it would be much easier to just get a Wireless adapter for your Xbox.