Is it illegal to use other companies logos

Is it illegal to use another companies logo on your website if you sell their products? I want to just show that I carry their type of products so I want to put their logo on the bottom of my home page like some companies do. Do you have to be a reseller directly for that company? I resell for someone who carries a wide range of products and I don't know if they are resellers directly for the companies logos I wish to put on my site. I tried using Google but couldn't find much. Any help would be much appreciated :)

its not illegal, might want to contact them that your using for non-profit way or you havnt defaced the logos.

It depends on your country's copyright laws, but I'd imagine it falls under the idea of "fair use"... The only problem might be if a company feels that the use of their logo respresents an endorsement of your site by them.

Some companies and organisations get really funny about things like this.

I would ask them directly - a polite e-mail/telephone call to exlpain why/how you would use their logo. Try to make it sound like you are doing them a favour.

You do have to ask the Company for permission to display their logo. Always remember to put a (copyright respective owners) thing at the bottom of your site if you do.

You have to contact their HR department and ask for approved logos. You can't just use google and pick one. I did marketing for a company and had to contact ALL sorts of places. Typically if you are a reseller they are really helpful.