[Ext] Undo Closed Tabs Button

Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2 - Works with Firefox 3.6a1pre through 3.7a1pre

Tired of going to History->Recently Closed Tabs just to undo a closed tab? Then this extension is for you! This extension allows you to undo closed tabs via a toolbar button and/or tab bar button. Click the image one time to undo the last closed tab...three times to open the last three closed tabs and so on. Click the drop down arrow to see the list of last previously closed tabs and select which one you would like to undo.

You can also undo closed tabs through the right-click context menu entry.

There is a options menu (Tools->Addons->Extensions), here you can edit the amount of closed tabs to remember, hide the history menu from the toolbar button, remove the right-click context menu entry or remove the tab bar button.

Important: You must add the button to the navigation toolbar by going to View->Toolbars->Customize, then drag and drop the button anywhere on the toolbar. The tab bar button is shown by default.

Changelog

• Updated extension to work with Firefox 3.6
  • Hovering over a closed item now shows the URL in the status bar

Download for Firefox 3.6: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2

Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/uctb/

Issues (Bugs): Issue Tracking on Google Code

Screenshots: Toolbar button | Tab bar button | Right-click context menu entry

FAQs, downloads, screenshots, bug tracker can all be found at the UCTB project homepage located at http://code.google.com/p/uctb/

Other releases:

Download for Firefox 3.6a1pre and trunk: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.6.2

Download for Firefox 3.5.x Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.5.1

Download for Firefox 3.0.x: Undo Closed Tabs Button v3.0.3

Download for Firefox 2.0.0.*: Undo Closed Tabs Button v2.0.0

Edited by supernova_00

Undo Closed Tabs Button v1.0.0 - Works with Firefox 2.0b1, branch and trunk nightlies.

You have to copy and paste the download link (Damn, I thought the server had the user defined mime type for xpi installs)

Not sure what you mean about that last bit. I clicked the link and the install extension windows came right up.

I'd download this, but I already have Tab Mix Plus which allows me to open closed tabs by clicking the middle mouse button on the tab bar. Nice to see you've made it standalone for those who do not want to download an extension like Tab Mix Plus :)

I'm thinking of adding a preference that limits or expands the capacity in the history list in which number of tabs you can undo. So you can set it to show only the last tab closed or up to whatever number...Good idea?

EDIT: Firefox default is 10 just to let you guys know.

I think the pref for limits is a good idea. Memory is never a problem for me, but for ones that do get anal about their memory usage this could help them control it. But doesn't Fx have an over all pref for this?? would it be different from that one? Or would this be an easy way (options panel) to set that prefs?

Thanks for your efforts!

Fx does have one, i'm going to piggyback on that one..just an easier way then going to about:config and searching for the pref.

---

Should be getting new icons soon, i went with the first icons submitted to me because I wanted to release this extension quick.

In that case heck yea, why not. :D

I thought there was one but wasn't for sure. Thanks for the fast reply.

EDIT: ps The Icon looks fine to me. What other ones are you considering?

ext doesnt work with my 1.5.0.6 version ''/

In the nightly versions there is a new tab restore feature that this extension is made for, so it's not going to work with early version because this feature isn't in those versions. but 2.0 beta 2 is coming soon.

Edited by IceDogg

Oh well, will wait til theres a new version out...

You can always download the Firefox 2.0b1, its very stable.

Not sure if you was referring to a new version of my extension or firefox...but my extension will never support lower then 2.0b1.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.9.0 released!

Changelog

• Added options so you can remove the history drop down list and change the number of closed tabs that Firefox remembers
  • New Icons!!!
  • Code cleanup
  • Added partial locales (Option window not localized yet): zh-TW, hr-HR, nl-NL, fr-FR, it-IT, pl-PL, pt-BR, ru-RU, and es-ES

Yeah, it's a huge improvement and fits in with the new icons/theme.

----

Next release will incorporate a on right-click command that will bring up the history list...this is so that if you have the option set to hide the history drop down arrow, you can still get the list by right clicking :)

Alrighty, next release so far will include: Right-click activates the history list when the drop down arrow is present and when the pref is set to hide the drop down arrow. Also you can now clear the close tab history.

Is there anything that you guys can think of that I should include?

This is only a thought as I have no idea how hard/possible this would be. Would it be possible to replace the tab icon on the far right (located in the tab bar) with yours instead? With your extensions that one is useless. IMHO or can it at least be hidden? Maybe some css or something. I use Stylish if that helps.

Edited by IceDogg

IceDogg: You know that button is there for tab overflow and not undoing closed tabs, correct? It shows all tabs that are open so you don't have to scroll if you have like 20 tabs open. But anyways here ya go

tabbrowser .tabs-alltabs-button { display: none !important; }

just put that in you userChrome.css file

It is possible but very hard (for me at least) to code. I will attempt to do this in the feature after I look at how the all tabs button is placed there.

EDIT: Actually after thinking about it, I won't. Any button on that toolbar is either there or it's not. Its not customizable.