Castlevania Coming to Live Arcade

Castlevania Coming to Live Arcade

Symphony of the Night to appear sometime this winter.

by Charles Onyett

August 3, 2006 - Fans of the first PlayStation's vampire shredding Castlevania: Symphony of the Night will be glad to know the game is soon to make a reemergence. According to what Konami told us today, SotN will be releasing onto the Xbox Live Arcade sometime this winter. Whether that means it'll show up late this year or early in 2007, Konami couldn't say. Microsoft's approval process for products appearing on Xbox Live is somewhat extensive, so it's difficult to pin down an exact date.

In terms of price or extra features offered in the Xbox Live Arcade version, Konami wouldn't say, other than they're working on it. Fans of the PS1's platforming classic will be happy to know that more details will be revealed later this month at a Konami event. Until then, we'll keep you updated on any more developments.

Source: IGN

I personally am excited about this. I always have loved Castlevania, and I never got a chance to play this title in the series. Nice. (Y)

thats good to hear, i've replayed this a few months ago via emulator on my pc.

just shows you that everything doesn't have to be 3D these days to be good game.

Holy ****!! I'm not castlevania guy, but even I know this amazingly big news in the castlevania world!

Symphony of the Night is like regarded as the best Castlevania to date, and the fact that it's coming to 360 arcade is an unbelievable coup by Microsoft, and definitely a stab to whatever plans Sony has for the Playstation 3.

when i saw the title i thought it was going to be one of the NES or SNES castlevanias, BUT NO, its SotN, OMG i cant believe it, i will be buying this for sure :D