Dead Rising Release?

I heard Dead Rising came out on August 8th, but a lot of people on eBay claim it's August 10th (tomorrow). Instead of purchasing this game, i was interested in renting it before i buy it. I played the demo and it was actually very fun, but at this point doesn't seem worth buying.

So when is the actual release date for this game?

P.S. im from Toronto, Ontario

Call your local rental place and ask, that's the only way to know for sure, it's usually a few days after the official release.

I think it looks like a buy game, I know here Blockbuster will let you rent it, then buy it and pay the difference, so if the game is 59.00, and you rent it for 7.99, you can pay the difference 51.00 plus tax...

Yeah it's out today, but is it at the rental places yet, that's the question...

Just as you already said, all one has to do is pick up the phone, dial 411, ask for the number for your local rental place (or even google it), and call them and ask.

It is the only way to find out for sure. Even if it is available at one persons rental place, it might not be available at another one.

Its august 9th is the release date, and its worth every penny.. Riding over zombies with a lawn mower... tis great times :)

Neztea

you mean... today :rolleyes:

I went to EBgames, and Blockbuster.. nothing in either stores, but i didn't bother asking

Stupid GameFly... :angry:

For some reason the Fast Return option (where the post office scans a game and they send out a new one before they get the returned one) for GameFly appears to not have worked for me this last time around for whatever reason, and since they are in Cali and I am in Jersey, even if it gets sent out tomorrow, it looks highly unlikely that I will have this game by the weekend like I wanted to. :(

I might just go and see if I can rent it tomorrow from Blockbuster and change my queue.

my blockbuster said they would give 5 tomorrow, so tomorrow i will head to the rentals :D

next up.....MADDEN

they release on a friday? thats very weird for stores to do. i might swing by again today to double check.

they release on a friday? thats very weird for stores to do. i might swing by again today to double check.

yup, i found it odd too, but i called them yesterday and they said they will get the game tomorrow.

I just picked it up at gamestop. Pretty fun game so far. Kinda confusing at first.

Gameplay is good though. Lots of blood and guts. A total gore game.

The only thing I don't like so far is all the loading between places. I feel like the game is always loading and sometimes it takes awhile. The number of screens you have to go through just to save your game is also annoying.

Still, the only game that I've found worth buying since Dead or Alive 4.

The only thing I don't like so far is all the loading between places. I feel like the game is always loading and sometimes it takes awhile.

I couldn't agree with your more, it really brings the game down....

After the demo people kept asking if there would be a story, and now that it's come out we see there is, but it gets in the way, at least the way it's presented. It's so annoying to play for one minute, then wait for a loading screen, see some old idiot, then wait again, go up some stairs, and wait again, etc, etc.....

Also, some characters only have text, no actual voice, so I have to read what they are saying, add to that that on an SDTV the text is hard to read, man so far I'm pretty dissapointed...

Oopppsss...about to leave the mall and "Disc unreadable! Please clean disc turn off xbox and try again!"

Thats ridiculous. It is brand new and my xbox360 is fairly new. It could just be dust in the xbo360 considering how little it gets used :s.

Also, some characters only have text, no actual voice, so I have to read what they are saying, add to that that on an SDTV the text is hard to read, man so far I'm pretty dissapointed...

I honestly do not think any game designers are going to be thinking about SDTVs when making an xbox360 game. You might have better luck with Nintendo as they are more mindful of the mass market then Microsoft is. But I bet you will run into problems on pretty much all xbox360 games revolving around the on-screen text and hud if you are on SDTV. I've got my xbox360 hooked up to a 1280x1024 LCD via VGA and it looks good, but i get black bars which is really disappointing. Game designers are completely overlooking the 4:3 aspect ratio and I'm afraid it is going to get worse. Looking for a 16:9 screen now.

So far I'm not disappointed in the game. It is exactly what I thought it would be. The initial game is pretty slow, but it gets better once you start killing lots of zombies. Dang it is really hard though. Those freeken zombies sneek up on you. They all look slow and uninterested in you, and all of a sudden you are surrounded. I need to find the save points in the game. Aren't they in the bathrooms? Besides the recent unreadable disc incident and the long load times, I'd say it is a pretty cool game though.

I agree that there should be audio with all the in-game characters.

And I also agree that those game designers are stupid for not appealing to the larger audience. That is why I think Nintendo may out rank Microsoft and Sony in sales because they seem to wanna make their games work well on SDTV and still support 780p (i think) for the HDTV owners out there.

I agree that there should be audio with all the in-game characters.

And I also agree that those game designers are stupid for not appealing to the larger audience. That is why I think Nintendo may out rank Microsoft and Sony in sales because they seem to wanna make their games work well on SDTV and still support 780p (i think) for the HDTV owners out there.

You can't blame Microsoft for planning for the future. you don't want a system outdated in 3 years.. many people still own a PS1, and an xbox.

xbox was the first to come with built in ethernet port.. that was a huge move considering a large percentage still owned dialup..

I always read about developers saying "it looks great in SDTV, too!" talking about a game they're developing for the 360. HDTV has a long way to go before anybody can ignore SDTV - especially outside the US and Japan. There are probably a few developers that don't do such a great job optimising text and HUDs for SDTV, but I'm sure most games will be done right.

By the way the Wii will support 480p, which isn't HDTV, but it beats 480i (which most current-gen games use).

Almost forgot: The missing audio and illegible text in Dead Rising is lame. I don't know if Capcom rushed this game out or not, but I expect polished games from them. I wasn't going to buy Dead Rising either way (and I rarely play in SD), but another title published by them - Lost Planet - is one of the few upcoming 360 games that I plan on buying without renting first so hopefully I'll be getting a complete game.

This game is the reason I just bought my Xbox360 tonight. So far so good except the soundless cutscenes. What is weird is that the first couple cutscenes were normal and has sound to them. So many zombies, not enough time to kill them all.