Dead Rising Release?

^ I forgot to mention that I've read posts from a lot of people stating that they bought a 360 for this game. I hope the minor quirks didn't disappoint. I have to say I'm very surprised about the mass popularity of the game. Looknig past my complaints, that just makes me look forward (even more) to getting the game in the mail soon (sorry I didn't have much time for you Table Tennis :laugh:).

(how come I can't "Add Reply"??)

I love how the front of the game says

"This game was not developed, approved or licensed by the owners or creators of George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead."

It is so a Dawn of the Dead knock off and that is why it is so popular. Even the red zombie effect when you die (which is awesome btw!) is right out of a George Romero movie.

They should have kept it for a few more months, and then released it with full audio in their cut scenes and some of the gameplay quarks worked out.

The story line is kinda lame. Overall the game design is great. The place is swarming with zombies. The fact that they are all visible and mostly unique 3d models is pretty impressive. I was sure there would be some sort of "fog" with this game like there is with Oblivion (just played PC version here), but it runs great.

Area sizes gradually increase so the load times aren't as annoying later on in the game.

I had one more "Unreadable Disc Error." When the happens i wiped a laser disc cloth over it out of spite (the disc is brand spank'in new!). And after that everything has been running smoothly.

Did anyone else find it odd that the town has something like 5000 people, but that mall is huge! I live in a small city of about 80,000 people and our mall is tiny compared to that place. Mall's are lame anyway. Only good for killing zombies in.

-shad