Dead Rising killing 360's?

"Ooh. This could be a problem.

Much anticipated videogame Dead Rising has finally hit the Xbox 360, and it seems to kill some of them.

How widespread this problem is has yet to be determined but the reports of lockups, freezes and crashes are flowing in all over the internets.

Microsoft's official response is upcoming.

As for the solution if your machine locks after inserting Dead Rising... you're not gonna like it. Our own Blair Butler's 360 crashed after she installed Dead Rising, and, after a couple hours on the phone with tech support, she was told to send her Xbox back to Microsoft for repairs. "I just want to kill zombies. Is that so much to ask?" Butler told TheFeed

More as it develops."

Source

*Darn it, I messed up the title. Could a mod please change the title from "killings" to "killing" please?

*Darn it, I messed up the title. Could a mod please change the title from "killings" to "killing" please?

Done.

And this is definitely not good news if true. :no:

Going to pay close attention and see how this develops...

Edit - Your source just leads to G4TV's the feed, which I cannot find any mention of what you say anywhere?

damnit! i just rented this game, literally 3 minutes ago.. asoon as i sit down to mention it in my other thread.. this pops up.. well 360 has been good to me so far, i hope i won't destroy my 360 :)

This is probally gonna be a problem 1 in 10,000 consoles.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have the demo on my 360, works fine..

EDIT: wow, the source is g4tv... their really anti-microsoft sony fan boys. I honestly wouldn't belive it.

damnit! i just rented this game, literally 3 minutes ago.. asoon as i sit down to mention it in my other thread.. this pops up.. well 360 has been good to me so far, i hope i won't destroy my 360 :)

Do you have a hard drive or/and memory card?

As this is the only way I can think of the Xbox 360 being modified.

That or some homebrew program that is messing up settings.

Done.

And this is definitely not good news if true. :no:

Going to pay close attention and see how this develops...

Edit - Your source just leads to G4TV's the feed, which I cannot find any mention of what you say anywhere?

First of all, thanks for changing the title. About the link, The Feed usually updates itself so the article on Dead Rising must have been removed. Sorry about that. :(

First of all, thanks for changing the title. About the link, The Feed usually updates itself so the article on Dead Rising must have been removed. Sorry about that. :(

No problem.

No need to say sorry, I believe you it was there, it is just with a story like this it is nice to have a Source.

We will give it a little while and see if it comes back and/or pops up on another website.

Our own Blair Butler's 360 crashed after she installed Dead Rising, and, after a couple hours on the phone with tech support, she was told to send her Xbox back to Microsoft for repairs.

I didn't know you had to install games on the Xbox 360. :rolleyes: (Besides the crappy FF port, of course)

:angry: Something tells me this is just some BS falmebait... but who knows, my 360 still locks up when playing the Full Auto demo. :pinch:

No problem.

No need to say sorry, I believe you it was there, it is just with a story like this it is nice to have a Source.

We will give it a little while and see if it comes back and/or pops up on another website.

Roger.(Y)

Do the Xbox's die, then come back as zombie consoles right? :rofl:

:rofl:

i hope they fix this with the EU release of it - i don't want my 360 messed up! i only bought it on sunday :D

edit: i also know a bunch of people who have bought that and haven't complained of anything yet (some of them have been playing for 5hrs+ o_o)

This is probally gonna be a problem 1 in 10,000 consoles.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have the demo on my 360, works fine..

EDIT: wow, the source is g4tv... their really anti-microsoft sony fan boys. I honestly wouldn't belive it.

g4tv staff touch themselves to apple and sony

I didn't know you had to install games on the Xbox 360. :rolleyes: (Besides the crappy FF port, of course)

:angry: Something tells me this is just some BS falmebait... but who knows, my 360 still locks up when playing the Full Auto demo. :pinch:

its from g4tv of courses its flamebait. they only like sony and apple.

P.S- just tried the game and it works fine.

This seems to happen a lot. Someone (or some people) will have their 360 break while playing a new game or demo, and they assume that it must be because of the new game/demo, so that's what they tell everyone.

While 360s do seem to be rather more prone to dying than they should be, I don't think it can ever be blamed on one particular game.

my 360 is a champion! it's been through constant unplugging and replugging.. 4 player action, having been played daily for hours, and weekends call of duty 2 four-player for a good solid 7-8 hours, and not a single problem yet :)

dead rising hasn't effected my system at all

my 360 is a champion! it's been through constant unplugging and replugging.. 4 player action, having been played daily for hours, and weekends call of duty 2 four-player for a good solid 7-8 hours, and not a single problem yet :)

dead rising hasn't effected my system at all

Way to jinx it! :devil: :rofl:

I have had one lockup during loading and a "Disc Read Error" during gameplay which kicked me back to dashboard without saving my game :angry: , but it seems to be running fine now. I have heard about a lot of issues. They are suppose to be releasing a patch soon.