Dead Rising [Definitive] Help & FAQ Thread

Merged From Thread "Dead Rising: Killing those guys in the Jeep..."

Dirty Larry

Thanks for the tip!..hopefully I can get pass it soon because it is really driving me crazy!

Yeah it is difficult. Finally found an area to get a gun. I beat those guys once, but ended up dying by zombies before i made it to a bathroom :(. Man this game is hard!

You can't ever clear out an area of zombies. The more you kill the more there are. All you can do is run and kill whats in the way but keep moving.

Dirty Larry

Thanks for the tip!..hopefully I can get pass it soon because it is really driving me crazy!

Yeah it is difficult. Finally found an area to get a gun. I beat those guys once, but ended up dying by zombies before i made it to a bathroom :(. Man this game is hard!

You can't ever clear out an area of zombies. The more you kill the more there are. All you can do is run and kill whats in the way but keep moving.

The game is hard, no doubt about it. That is one of the things that makes it so good in my opinion.

And eventually you can kill everyone Zombie. However it is the population of the town that they say in the first helicpoter sequence. Actually I looked it up... 59,594 zombies can be killed to be exact. Imagine?

It is one of the Achievements actually...

3. Zombie Genocider - TYPE: 1 Play REQ: Defeat at least 53,594 zombies.

Achievments Listed Out

Enjoy. I am off to play right now. ;)

Dirty Larry

Ok... now how do i kill the psycho clown?

Oh yeah is there a way to recharge your camera batteries?

Dirty Larry

The game is hard, no doubt about it. That is one of the things that makes it so good in my opinion.

And eventually you can kill everyone Zombie. However it is the population of the town that they say in the first helicpoter sequence. Actually I looked it up... 59,594 zombies can be killed to be exact. Imagine?

It is one of the Achievements actually...

3. Zombie Genocider - TYPE: 1 Play REQ: Defeat at least 53,594 zombies.

Achievments Listed Out

Enjoy. I am off to play right now. ;)

wait a minute.. if i actually kill every zombie in the mall, they won't respawn anymore!

oh man.. i wish i had a few hours to kill zombies heh.. i would be able to run through this game..

by the way, most of the zombies are down in tunnel.. just jump into the car, and you can easily rank up 500+ kills before your car blows up.

also get the maintence key.. check youtube for video

Dirty Larry

Ok... now how do i kill the psycho clown?

Oh yeah is there a way to recharge your camera batteries?

Clown:

I killed him by just shooting his balloons when he is blowing them up. I also stayed away from him and just shot him from long range.

Convicts:

Its true if you don't blow the jeep up they will respawn. But I used this to my advantage. That way I can go and get that heavy machine gun when I want it. So they are still alive in my game.

Dirty Larry

Clown:

I killed him by just shooting his balloons when he is blowing them up. I also stayed away from him and just shot him from long range.

Convicts:

Its true if you don't blow the jeep up they will respawn. But I used this to my advantage. That way I can go and get that heavy machine gun when I want it. So they are still alive in my game.

Good tips! Thanks. I'm actually tempted to get the strategy guide to this game because otherwise I'll be stuck at these places forever. I've lost count of how many times I've died already.

This game makes Doom 3, Quake 4, and Half-Life 2 seem easy. I blasted through those games on hard.

Dirty Larry

we really need a definitive dead rising thread for spoilers, videos and questions.

i killed the clown, but i had 2 japanese tourists with me, and they got there ass kicked..

It is true about the guys in the jeep.. if you don't blow up the vehicle (running over zombies DOESNT COUNT) they will respawn.. I killed them, stole the jeep and ranked up over 700+ zombie kills in the tunnel, until it blew up. then next thing i seen, they came back that same night.. so this time i killed them again, and shot the crap out of the jeep with the gun.. we'll see if they come back this time

Start Of After The Merges "Dead Rising [Definitive] Help & FAQ Thread"

Dirty Larry

haha, sweet larry!

here is a collection of videos i found on YouTube, please feel free to message me, or leave a reply with more dead rising tutorial videos!

These videos MAY include Spoilers.. so be careful!

Tutorial Videos:

Killing the Evil Clown

(how to kill 53,594 zombies)

How to kill convicts in the jeep

Added August 18th

Overtime Video Tutorial

Mayhem Videos!

Mayhem 1

Additional Miscellaneous Resources.

Interactive Mall Map (contains weapons, bosses, etc.)

Nice videos my man. (Y)

I NEED HELP.

The title of this little mission is called "Another Source."

Okay, I helped the professor, he is already back in the Security room and all of that.

I also returned the medicine for Brad.

I am now looking for the girl you saw in the Supermarket.

The arrow keeps pointing towards the Security Room when I choose the Mission, so does anyone have any clue what I am supposed to do?

Do I have to wait for Otis to call me?

Nice videos my man. (Y)

I NEED HELP.

The title of this little mission is called "Another Source."

Okay, I helped the professor, he is already back in the Security room and all of that.

I also returned the medicine for Brad.

I am now looking for the girl you saw in the Supermarket.

The arrow keeps pointing towards the Security Room when I choose the Mission, so does anyone have any clue what I am supposed to do?

Do I have to wait for Otis to call me?

When you goto the supermarket shell be running outside of it to a motorcycle. I can't remember if its one of those that only happen at a certain time.

I'm pretty sure its that mission.

When you goto the supermarket shell be running outside of it to a motorcycle. I can't remember if its one of those that only happen at a certain time.

I'm pretty sure its that mission.

Thanks. That sounds about right. I will give it a shot right now. (Y)

Thanks. That sounds about right. I will give it a shot right now. (Y)

Make sure you get to that mission on time, I didnt and then everytime I beat it, it said I failed all the other cases and I had to start all over. This game is awesome, but its hard.

Make sure you get to that mission on time, I didnt and then everytime I beat it, it said I failed all the other cases and I had to start all over. This game is awesome, but its hard.

So another mission came up while looking for the girl, should I not go for it?

WTF?? THE PSYCHOPATHS!!!

Okay, so I just made it through the first cut scene with them. Took them all out there.

But then my next run in with them went like this...

So did anyone else get kidnapped by the Psychopaths yet???

You wind up getting out of a box and in some room with a bunch of them, nothing left from your inventory so there is nothing but stepladders as weapons in that room. Also left with one health.

It appears you have to try and get a pass code to leave the room. Just amazingly hard and I keep dying.

I can avoid it by just not trying to take the Pyschopaths on the next time I see them, but it is so damn fun and I saved right before it in the Gym.

Has anyone seen this yet and lived through it???

So another mission came up while looking for the girl, should I not go for it?

WTF?? THE PSYCHOPATHS!!!

Okay, so I just made it through the first cut scene with them. Took them all out there.

But then my next run in with them went like this...

So did anyone else get kidnapped by the Psychopaths yet???

You wind up getting out of a box and in some room with a bunch of them, nothing left from your inventory so there is nothing but stepladders as weapons in that room. Also left with one health.

It appears you have to try and get a pass code to leave the room. Just amazingly hard and I keep dying.

I can avoid it by just not trying to take the Pyschopaths on the next time I see them, but it is so damn fun and I saved right before it in the Gym.

Has anyone seen this yet and lived through it???

they are actually very easy... the first time was impossible, but if you DON"T save her, you fail all cases, and need to restart the game.

So.. heres what i do to beat the yellow rain coats.

You see they don't attack you until you go close to them, so grab the benches and go right up to a crowd of them, and knock them all over.. this kills a majority of them, and the ones left will either run at you, or slowly creep towards you.

Now, kill all the ones coming at you, till no more come. Grab the second bench (oposite side of the fountain then the first bench) and go attack the second crowd. Do the same and you beat it :)

now for the tricky part were the suicide bombers come at you.. you have to either hit them with potted plants, or a gun.. they are great if you shoot them near a crowd, they take out everyone.

i've been captured once, and when i got out of the box, i made a noise or something, and i died instantly :/

save the girl, and go about your business. You will notice they don't go away, i hear if you kill the leader, they stop coming.

If you don't beat it the first time, and load your game and they arn't there, (usually after your first load you start right at the fight..) if you don't, go to the bashboard, and restart the game.

they are actually very easy... the first time was impossible, but if you DON"T save her, you fail all cases, and need to restart the game.

So.. heres what i do to beat the yellow rain coats.

You see they don't attack you until you go close to them, so grab the benches and go right up to a crowd of them, and knock them all over.. this kills a majority of them, and the ones left will either run at you, or slowly creep towards you.

Now, kill all the ones coming at you, till no more come. Grab the second bench (oposite side of the fountain then the first bench) and go attack the second crowd. Do the same and you beat it :)

now for the tricky part were the suicide bombers come at you.. you have to either hit them with potted plants, or a gun.. they are great if you shoot them near a crowd, they take out everyone.

i've been captured once, and when i got out of the box, i made a noise or something, and i died instantly :/

save the girl, and go about your business. You will notice they don't go away, i hear if you kill the leader, they stop coming.

If you don't beat it the first time, and load your game and they arn't there, (usually after your first load you start right at the fight..) if you don't, go to the bashboard, and restart the game.

Thanks man. (Y)

I beat them and saved her, so all is good.

My question about the Pyschopaths is, is do Zombies not go after them because they are in a Raincoat and masks? If so, anywhere to get those two items?

So right now I am..

Waiting for Isabella to bring Carlito to meet me.

And also, I am in North Plaza, and where exactly is the Nail Gun? I have read in other threads it is by the supermarket, but I cannot find it anywhere??

So right now I am..

Waiting for Isabella to bring Carlito to meet me.

And also, I am in North Plaza, and where exactly is the Nail Gun? I have read in other threads it is by the supermarket, but I cannot find it anywhere??

your still one step ahead of me.. i am trying to fight isabella on the motorcycle.. i tried once, almost beat her, and died.. i didn't have any guns

' date='Aug 13 2006, 21:03' post='587783278']

Jesus, it's ridiculous how hard Carlito is in the Entrance Plaza.

I have an SMG and ven then I can't beat him. Any tips? :(

Hope this is the right fight..

but when he's upstairs using the sniper rifle and you have Brad helping you, stay behind the pillers until hes shooting at brad. (stay on the left side of upstairs, Carlito is on the right). Shoot him in the head with the Uzi. Keep on him until he dies.. if you run out of ammo.. sorry, use a handgun.

SMG location:

When you come out the warehouse, look directly up, onto the blue banner, and it's ontop of that. Go to your right until you get to the first set of stairs, go up halfway and stop, look to your right and jump onto the blue banner.. run accross until you get the Uzi

I'm pretty close to beating it (only a couple more cases, then I'm done), so I'll try and answer some questions you all seem to be having:

1. Isabella and the Motorcycle

What I did here was use the sniper rifles I got from beating the dad and the two sons in the Entrance Plaza. She'll try and run you over; just shoot her in the head as she's coming towards you and she'll swerve. Rinse and repeat.

2. Carlito and the Sniper Rifle

When you and Brad go up the stairs, he should go to one side (usually the right, IIRC). You should go on the other side and try and surround Carlito. In theory, his back will always be to one of you, allowing you both to wail on him. Furthermore, if you're lucky, he'll try to run and get stuck in one of the stores where he's too close to even use his sniper rifle. At this point, whip out your katana or whatever weapons you have and just cream him.

3. The Raincoat Cult

Generally, you just want to exercise caution so as to not get captured. This means distance weapons, with the SMG generally being the best balance of accuracy and ammo. Just use headshots. If you're lucky, you'll kill one of the suicide bombers when he's in a group of the other cultists and he'll blow them all to dust.

If you do get captured, use the step ladder to take out a couple of the cultists, then just run in and use whatever you can get your hands on to kill them all. The object they're all worshipping is a Ceremonial Sword; feel free to use it to slide and dice them up into little pieces. I ended up having to use my hands to kill the last one; the rest I was able to kill with the various items in the room.

Later on, you'll fight the cult's leader in the movie theater. Use the katana and whenever he lunges at you, dodge it and slice him up. Again, just repeat this and you'll take him down in no time. You'll get the Ceremonial Sword (do they just have these lying around?) and get to witness a sweet cutscene. You can also snag the Brainwashing Book while you're there.

4. The Grocer and the Shopping Cart

The main strategy here is to just avoid his rush attacks at you and utilize the plethora of health available in the store. I sorta ran out of weapons, so I ended up using the cash registers, until I ran out of them. Then I used the 12-pack of soda, which actually worked pretty well at finishing him off.

5. Carlito and the Bomb Plot

You don't actually need to defeat Carlito here, although I expect it'll result in a different ending if you do (watch the cutscene after you get all the bombs). Grab the motorcycle outside of the maintenance tunnel and use it to get from bomb to bomb. I think running over the zombies will eventually cause the motorcycle to, you know, fall apart, so try and avoid them as best as possible. Disappointing, I know, because it is so damn fun to run them over, but it's more important to complete the mission.

After you get the first bomb, Carlito will start to come after you in a truck and throw a crapload of grenades. Again, this is why you're using the motorcycle; you can just outrun him most of the time and not worry about him. If you do have to face him on foot, shoot him in the face with whatever you've got (I used the shotgun) and he'll eventually retreat for a time. After you get the last bomb, go back to the entrance to the tunnel to engage the cutscene.

Hope these help a couple of y'all.

Edited by obake

' date='Aug 13 2006, 18:03' post='587783278']

Jesus, it's ridiculous how hard Carlito is in the Entrance Plaza.

I have an SMG and ven then I can't beat him. Any tips? :(

Carlos the sniper:

How I did it was just with the hockey stick thats in the sporting store right upstairs. Its very easy with it.

Yellow Rain coats

If you get captured there is a huge sword in front of them. Just run up to it and grab it and they are very easy after that. But I just went back to my saved game because I didn't want to loose everything that I had. So I just avoid them now.

your still one step ahead of me.. i am trying to fight isabella on the motorcycle.. i tried once, almost beat her, and died.. i didn't have any guns

You beat here yet?

If not...

Having a gun is huge. Really is. I get the SMG from outside the warehouse, and I also got a pistol from on the the cops in the water before going outside.

SO right after the cutscene ends, There is a pile of boxes you can jump on to your left below the first level of scaffolding. It is not that high off the ground, but it is high enough to where she will not hit you at all while driving. She also stops to shoot at you, but if you time it right, you can catch her before she lets off a shot, and if you hit her she proceeds to drive around you again. Part of her pattern includes driving on the scaffolding above your head and then driving off of it right to your right. She will never hit you though.

As she is driving around you, just shoot her. It takes a little while because patience is key. Do not bother trying to hit her with shooting while she is moving herself. She will stop to the left and right of you while doing her pattern, so just let her stop. More than likely you will run out of Ammo on the SMG. Switch over to a Pistol, keep shooting. Then I just ran up on her, had a knife I think it was, and just stabbed her a few times.

It was all over with. Pretty easy, just time consuming (maybe 3-4 minutes) as you have to to be patient because where you stand is an awkward position.

Also, I have been referencing the IGN board dedicated to just Dead Rising a good amount these past few days. I have always been an IGN subsriber, I just never posted there.

Because of the amount of people posting about just this game itself...I decided to start this Weapons Listing thread over at IGN.

Hopefully that thread works out. Because you all know that without a doubt I will be updating here as well with whatever info I get. ;)

And I will make a PDF guide if enough people contribute.

If you have any listings for Weapons share them here...

My idea is this...

So what I am thinking with this thread is a very simple premise. Everyone contribute and list what they know about weapons and their locations.

?? KATANA SWORD u>b? LOCATION Paradise Plaza Red Awning Outside of P202 (Columbian Roastmaste? HOW TO OBTAIN:N: Always Available / Respawns (No Boss, Case or Scoop NeeAlso, a great image.

Full Color Map Of Malll]

i beat isabella, then i rescued 4 girls.. but then i ran into 3 snipers! but my time runs out.. i hope i can find away around it.

i beat isabella, then i rescued 4 girls.. but then i ran into 3 snipers! but my time runs out.. i hope i can find away around it.

Do you mean the 4 girls being held by the crazy female cop? If so, I just left them there, she was to big a pain in the ass. I would say skip them...

The snipers...

Were the easiest guys to kill to me. I hid behind the same pillar that I hid to take out Carlito (right in front of the sporting good store) and took a couple of shots at them behind that. Then I just ran up on them and had a hunting knife, which ran out eventually, and then a lead pipe. If you run towards them and hit them, they will actually split up and start running away. As they are running away you can hit them with their back to you. One of them actually ran into a store behind a counter? I just beat him down real quick, then chased the other two and hit them as they were running. They spliy up and both went into stores. I just beat them up individually at super close range. Way easier than I thought they should be.

The only thing you get though for killing them besides the PP is their sniper rifles. So if you are having an issue with time, just skip both missions, as from my understanding there are Sniper Rifles in the North Plaza in the gun shop, and as you know Isabella is absolutely necessary to keep the game going.

Quick Tip

What I always do literally no matter what is after leaving the warehouse is get the SMG and the OJ up on the blue platform. I also am now just starting to always get a new battery for my camera.

Speaking of the camera, I have to start remembering to take more pictures. :pinch:

I went a full 24 hours in game without taking one picture. I just got caught up in everything else and forgot.

Seriously, I honestly never thought I would enjoy this game as much as I do. It is easily one of the best games overall for the 360.

Also, does anyone know when the clown mission is? Did I miss it? I have 35 hours left, give or take, until the Helicopter comes...

Also, does anyone know when the clown mission is? Did I miss it? I have 35 hours left, give or take, until the Helicopter comes...

You could have. I remember that being one of the earlier ones.

But just goto the roller coaster and see if he is there.