Project Offset Coming to 360

Last night, Offset Software updated the news section of the Project Offset website, revealing that they have secured a "major" publisher for their fantasy first-person shooter. Travis Stringer, co-founder and lead artist on Project Offset, posted the following message:

Finally all moved in! We are looking for talented programmers and artists to join our team. We are now backed by a major publisher but will not be disclosing the details just yet. Visit our jobs page for more information on available positions.

If you go to the jobs page, you'll find out that Offset Software is looking for an Xbox 360 Programmer whose primary responsibility will be to "handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360." That pretty much confirms an Xbox 360 edition of the game in addition to the PC, where the company has it roots.

It doesn't take the IQ of Einstein to put together "major" publisher and Xbox 360 to start thinking that either EA, Ubisoft or Activision has signed an agreement with Offset Software to publish Project Offset. Or could it be that Microsoft Game Studios is on board and we are just a few weeks away (X06) from a public announcement?

We'll have more on Project Offset as it develops.

Source

I was thinking that Sony would snatch this up, good deal who ever made the decision.

Thank you!!!! I donated ages ago to this project and had very high hopes it'd come to the 360. Before the 360 even came out :D. Anyway, this game looks very good. It'd be smart of MGS to snatch this up.

Anybody who hasnt seen this yet, I highly recommend you to check out the videos.

The concept art is also great. (Y)

Abinden_1024x768.jpg

The only game/engine that looks betters than UE3.0. Hopefully the team size increases and the game gets released next year.

Is Microsoft out of the question as the publisher? 360/PC only.. I would have thought the other companies would have been all for a PS3 port?

And I thought Offset was just the engine, and that they weren't going to make a game themselves :p

No dates yet, hopefully it will be announced soon (X06). Earliest I would expect would be Q4 2007.

Ah, good, good. Thanks.

I guess it's a pretty long wait! And I surely expect it to be rewarding. :yes:

Awesome news! I honestly didn't expect it to come to the 360. I had been following this game closely for quite some time and slowed down my visits to the site a couple of months ago because of the lack of news. Let's just say I'm happy now. :D

Is Microsoft out of the question as the publisher? 360/PC only.. I would have thought the other companies would have been all for a PS3 port?

And I thought Offset was just the engine, and that they weren't going to make a game themselves :p

I don't see why. The offset fourms seem to want MSGameStudios, or Ubi. Either would be good (although I'd prefer MSGS). To learn about the game and the engine behind it read this.

Awesome news! I honestly didn't expect it to come to the 360. I had been following this game closely for quite some time and slowed down my visits to the site a couple of months ago because of the lack of news. Let's just say I'm happy now. :D

Yeah, my visits were also slowing. I'm happy the news lets everyone know that it's still going strong :D.

I was thinking that Sony would snatch this up, good deal who ever made the decision.

Doesn't mean there won't be a PS3 port, unless the publisher is Microsoft.

The only game/engine that looks betters than UE3.0.

Cry Engine 2 and a couple other lesser known engines look as good as if not better than UE3 imo, though Offset looks like it might be the best engine.

Doesn't mean there won't be a PS3 port, unless the publisher is Microsoft.

True, cant say anything until the publisher is confirmed.

Cry Engine 2 and a couple other lesser known engines look as good as if not better than UE3 imo, though Offset looks like it might be the best engine.

Agreed on Cry Engine 2, dont know about other lesser known engines. :unsure: