Fourth 360 has gone boom.

I changed my 360 due to the controller not turning off yesterday morning, the new one was great. Then I turned it on this morning.

dsc00020at6.th.jpg

That's my FOURTH 360, I've took pictures of it as proof and I'm gonna demand my money back :angry:

Erm it must be something you are doing to it for it to break 4 times with 4 different machines, 4 people in my family have xboxes that they play daily, and 3 of my friends have them and not one of them have had a broken machine once.

try buyin them from a different shop?, talk to other people who bought theres from the same shop as you, maybe they get damaged, in transit, from warehouse? to the shop

Why replace the console because of a controller?

Look at this page before you make a big noice about it

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-...error-codes.htm

Because the controller that came with it was not turning off.

Erm it must be something you are doing to it for it to break 4 times with 4 different machines, 4 people in my family have xboxes that they play daily, and 3 of my friends have them and not one of them have had a broken machine once.

I treat everything I own with the utmost respect, I'm not dropping them etc.

I turned it on for the first time this morning and that screen appeared.

He deserves to make noise about it if it is indeed his forth 360.

The E68 error seems to be a hard drive error, according to icecaveman's link.

You should send it back for repair. If you open the 360, you will void the warrenty.

Right but you should just have replaced the controller, not the whole console. I don't know what you are doing but that's a high percentage of failures.

Try following the directions before you call them, it does not void the warrenty to remove the HDD.

Right but you should just have replaced the controller, not the whole console. I don't know what you are doing but that's a high percentage of failures.

They replace everything that comes with the 360 over here.

I'm doing nothing :wacko:

Just restarted it and it's fine :|

^ You restarted it and it's fine now? THat's what I'm saying everyone is making big ado about nothing. Follow the directions and make sure you don't have a bad connection on your hardware.

This is my fourth 360 and I admit that I panicked, but wouldn't anyone who's heart is in their mouth everytime they turn their 360 on?

The hard drive and the leads etc seem fine :/ And it was perfect yesterday.

umm if you have 4 xbox's go bad in the same house then maybe you should invest in a power conditioner... because you obviously have variable power coming into it or you are just abusive to the thing... either one... but more then likely your power is wacko and you need a conditioner for it... sensative electronics are easily hurt by power spikes drops and changes.... power conditioners remove these...theny aint cheap though... usually people buy them for high priced stereos and tv's

Why not, 4 xboxes in a row all gone kaput, i know of 7 xboxes all bought at various stages are all running fine. Suppose you are gonna start blaming people for broken PS3s when they come out and not the console itself eh....

I would get my money back anyway, and buy one from a different store - they may have had a faulty supply.

Just curious, but do you have a fridge in the room - that was causing my PS2 to bork - as the fridge kicked in, it surged, and killed the console.

The thing is it seems 2 of them were fully functional. Bad controller on one of them and the other had badly connected cables or something.

First one overheated - practically melted, second one had a severe hardware failture - no amount of restarting etc would fix it, third one the controller refused to turn off and sometimes the 360 refused to turn on.

I would get my money back anyway, and buy one from a different store - they may have had a faulty supply.

Just curious, but do you have a fridge in the room - that was causing my PS2 to bork - as the fridge kicked in, it surged, and killed the console.

Indeed I do have a fridge, but not on the same power supply :unsure:

First one overheated - practically melted, second one had a severe hardware failture - no amount of restarting etc would fix it, third one the controller refused to turn off and sometimes the 360 refused to turn on.

Indeed I do have a fridge, but not on the same power supply :unsure:

oh my if you have a fridge in the same room or close to it it MAY be on the same circuit still in your house... doesnt mater if its on the same outlet or not... but if its on the same circuit then I'd realy recomend you get a power conditioner which would prevent it from messing up your xbox when it kicks in and drops your circuits power

You're either having some very bad luck or there's a common problem to all these faults. Does the 360 have good ventiliation and is away from direct sunlight / heat sources? It could also be a problem with your electricity line (other things may not notice it as much but computers and and other delicate devices do)

4 Xboxes dying is pretty unlikely. Perhaps you should try moving it to a different spot next time.. :\

Agreed, I know at least 5 people with 360s, not one has died. Maybe you live in an area with high EM interference...?

I would have to assume its you if it is the 4th console that has failed. A few of my friends, and myself all have Xbox 360's and have been working for months, mine since January. :whistle: