[XBLA] Texas Hold'Em Free for Two Days

Microsoft isn?t bluffing: Gamers can log on to Xbox Live within the first 48 hours after launch and download ?Texas Hold ?em? ? completely free of charge!

This full-featured poker title for Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360 will launch on Wednesday, August 23 at 0800 GMT (1am Pacific). For 48 hours only ? Wednesday, August 23 through 0800 GMT (1am Pacific) Friday, August 25 ? as a special limited-time only promotion, gamers can download (and own) the game at no charge (for all Xbox Live Gold and Silver members).

Starting at 0801 GMT (1:01am Pacific) Friday, August 25, ?Texas Hold ?em? for Xbox Live Arcade will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.

Not only is ?Texas Hold ?em? free to all gamers, this title comes equipped with features that can only be found on Xbox 360. Designed to simulate the risk-reward of real poker gameplay, keep gamers honest, and discourage opponents from betting too recklessly, ?Texas Hold ?em? has an innovative new feature called Persistent Bankroll. Your virtual bankroll is tied to your Xbox Live Gamertag and keeps a running tally of your chip count. If you lose all of your chips in a poker game, you?ll have to play lower stakes buy-in games to make back your stack and earn your way to the big tables.

?Texas Hold ?em? also offers multiplayer support for up to eight gamers, three modes of gameplay (Standard Games, Scenarios and Tournaments), Achievements, extensive online leaderboards and statistics, and high-definition graphics. Enjoy poker night every night with friends, family and gamers around the world (please note that this title may not be available in some countries).

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11562/Texas-...e-for-48-Hours/

In addition to the exciting release of ?Texas Hold ?em? on August 23, gamers can also look forward to new game titles and premium downloadable game content on Xbox Live Arcade WednesdaysCloning Clyde Picture Pack?cluding:

?Cloning Clyde Picture Pack?, the action adventure/puzzle game created by Wahoo Studios/NinjaBee (developer of the popular ?Outpost Kaloki X? for Xbox Live Arcade), will have 4 new gamer picture packs available on Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday, August 16, allowing gamers to check out more unique pictures of Clyde. ETime Pilot?pack: 100 Microsoft Points (each).

?Time Pilot?, the futuristic fighter pilot classic from Konami, lets gamers fight through different eras like never before. High-definition graphics and enhanced gameplay designed specifically for Xbox Live Arcade makes this version even better than the original from 1982. Gamers can download ?Time Pilot? on Xbox Live?Scramble?, August 30. Available: 400 Microsoft Points.

?Scramble?, the classic side-scrolling ?shoot-?em up? coin-op title from Konami takes off on Xbox Live Arcade. The 1981 classic, widely considered the first ?multi-level shooter,? launches on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday September 6. Available: 400 Microsoft Points.

All Xbox Live Arcade games can be demoed for free on Xbox Live Marketplace. Check out Xbox Live and Xbox.com for continuing updates on exciting new content available to Xbox 360 gamers. As always, all launch dates are subject to change. Gold subscription is required for multiplayer features. A memory unit or hard drive is required to download content from Xbox Live Marketplace.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11563/Xbox-L...chedule-Update/

:::quotes got fux0red, im not fixing them, it's still readable.

Edited by Meshuggah

bleh can't edit anymore, but this game looks like a lot of fun and I'm def gonna try and get all my RL friends to pick this up! It'd be nice to play some hold 'em over XBL and talk when we can't get together during the semester, eh? :D

NICE.. i love poker! this game is gonna be cool to have on the 360.. something to kill time.

i may as well download it and keep it for future :)

Like magik I thought perhaps it would be released at midnight, so I went and checked and it was not there, and now I just read here... Well, at least I know what I will be doing first thing in the morning when I wake up... Might as well go to bed soon then... the sooner I sleep, the sooner I wake up and teach myself how to play some Texas Hold Em, since I more or less have no clue and have only played it maybe twice in my life.

Ah no my bad, it will be out at 9am GMT (1am Pacific).

I got that mixed up too. Then I remembered we're in BST at the moment so it's 9am really. Oh well, not long to go now!

It's up! 26.39MB. Downloading now.

Funny thing happened when I first looked for it at exactly 9:00 (yeah I'm sad). I went to the newly released XBLA downloads and it was listed but I backed out of that section by mistake and when I returned it was gone and Pac-Man was back in its place. In the end I found it in games by genre > card games.

Gonna grab this as soon as I get home, good stuff! :D

Does it support the camera anyone know? I thought this poker game had that face-mapping thing, or maybe it was another one??

I think it supports the camera in the same way that Uno does, in that it shows instead of your gamerpic in games.

I can't stop playing this game. It's completely addictive!

Already down 600$ in Single Player, I lost an All In with a Ace/King to an Ace/Ace. :angry:

Seriously, this is a dangerous game as I can see becoming addicted to it really easily. Now I know why so many people lose their life's savings at places like Party Poker and such.

I HAD to turn it off cause I have some work to get done and out to a client, but as soon as I am done, I am hitting the online matches.

Incredibly fun.

Already down 600$ in Single Player, I lost an All In with a Ace/King to an Ace/Ace. :angry:

Seriously, this is a dangerous game as I can see becoming addicted to it really easily. Now I know why so many people lose their life's savings at places like Party Poker and such.

I HAD to turn it off cause I have some work to get done and out to a client, but as soon as I am done, I am hitting the online matches.

Incredibly fun.

let me know when you are ready to play....