Interview with Neill Blomkamp

[...]

And that's what I got with the man. Like I said in the intro, he says all the right things and the word I'm hearing from my studio plants is that more than any other previous person attached to the project, Neill gets it. I hope they're right. The proof is in the pudding as they say, but any fears I would have with the guy are put on hold for the moment. Lots of giant steps in the future for him... casting, creative team (cinematographer, composer) and, of course, shooting the thing. He has the right attitude and a few aces up his sleeve already with the support of Weta Workshop, Weta Digital and Peter Jackson. He's either going to emerge from this with a great movie and become a new giant name in the business or he's going to end his career with one faulty film. I don't see too much gray area.

As a fan of the game, I want him to succeed... I just want my badass HALO movie... and I wish him the best of luck with it.

Read the full interview here.

As Quint said, he did seem to have 'all the right answers.' I just hope he is as dedicated, passionate and motivated as he sounds and can bring the goods to the table! :D