Official. Pluto Not A Planet.

That is really kinda funny in a very strange way. It's weird when something that you just kinda take as a constant is drastically changed. It'd be similar to something like "Oh, well we decided South America wasn't really a continent anymore." ...it's just weird to think about.

nno NOT a pluto, anything but a pluto {/sarcasm}

I guess we all will turn stupid now because we dont know all the planets of universe, oh wait did we ever did anyway :sleep:

Maybe Pluto was originally Neptune's moon, but somehow got tossed off and now has it's irregular orbit around the sun. Poor Pluto :( but I long to see the day where those two crash into each other. I mean really, look how their orbits overlap each other. It's positively wacky!

Ooh speaking of funnies, if you play gyruss on the NES, they put Pluto before Neptune in the diagram. I guess it's because of their alignment at the time they made it.

Maybe Pluto was originally Neptune's moon, but somehow got tossed off and now has it's irregular orbit around the sun. Poor Pluto :( but I long to see the day where those two crash into each other. I mean really, look how their orbits overlap each other. It's positively wacky!

Ooh speaking of funnies, if you play gyruss on the NES, they put Pluto before Neptune in the diagram. I guess it's because of their alignment at the time they made it.

Dont forget orbits are 3D aswell its not just as simple as the 2D charts we see

So what to do with all the outdated school textbooks and magazines and all the millions of documents with PLANET PLUTO in them?

Buy new ones, problem solved. It's not rocket science, it's astronomy :D

Dont forget orbits are 3D aswell its not just as simple as the 2D charts we see

I understood that all of the real planets do orbit the sun on the same 2D plane. Pluto's orbit, however, is titled off from the standard 2D plane.

I understood that all of the real planets do orbit the sun on the same 2D plane. Pluto's orbit, however, is titled off from the standard 2D plane.

... could they still crash though? :woot:

edit: oh wait... they can't :(

http://physics.ucsd.edu/students/courses/f...collide%3F'

it says here that an orbital resonance between the two keeps them from ever colliding.

Edited by Izlude

by the new definition they created, wouldn't Neptune also fall under the category of "Dwarf Planet"? It hasn't cleared its area around its orbit, pluto is still going to cross its orbit.

by the new definition they created, wouldn't Neptune also fall under the category of "Dwarf Planet"? It hasn't cleared its area around its orbit, pluto is still going to cross its orbit.

Nepture is a gas giant and it has a stable and circular orbit.

Hailey's Comet crosses the orbit of many planets but that doesn't invalidate them.

heh, the end to our solar system is now uranus.

Actually he is/was right

MVEMJSNUP is what a lot of us were taught to help us remember the order of the planets,

mercury

venus

earth

mars

jupiter

saturn

neptune

uranus

pluto

But then it was determined that Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto sometimes change their orbital patterns...god I feel old...

Actually he is/was right

MVEMJSNUP is what a lot of us were taught to help us remember the order of the planets,

mercury

venus

earth

mars

jupiter

saturn

neptune

uranus

pluto

But then it was determined that Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto sometimes change their orbital patterns...god I feel old...

MVEMJSUNP = My Very Enormous Monster Just Sucked Up Nine Planets

How do you get Neptune coming before Uranus? Wikipedia obviously doesn't agree with you.

I think you just misremembered your jingle. Pluto is the only one with a weird orbit.

This is what I always thought...

and I always remembered the planets as...

My

Very

Economical

Mother

Just

Sat

Under

Nine

Planets

I don't care too much about Pluto being kicked out, it couldn't pay it's membership fees anyway.

MVEMJSUNP = My Very Enormous Monster Just Sucked Up Nine Planets

How do you get Neptune coming before Uranus? Wikipedia obviously doesn't agree with you.

I think you just misremembered your jingle. Pluto is the only one with a weird orbit.

My Very Enormous Monster Just Sucked Up Nine

Nine what? :unsure:

My Very Enormous Monster Just Sucked Up Nine

Nine what? :unsure:

Nancy.

My Very Enormous Monster Just Sucked Up Nancy.

I could make an x-rated one involving Nathan but I will resist.