Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 RC1

After installing IE7 RC1, the little up/down arrows on Neowin's homepage (to toggle announcement view, browse the latest announcements, etc.) no longer do anything.

Anyone else notice that?

ACID2 test comparison with Opera:

Not that the ACID2 test really matters, but I thought the result was quite funny.

Woops, I was going to reply seriously to that, as I read 'Note that the ACID2 test really matters,'

Anyways, I agree. It's funny to see. However, I'm glad they're fixing more common bugs first.

I only have to add 1 conditional line for IE7 to my page!

tab browsing just doesnt feel the same in IE. In firefox its very smooth, tabs r moveable. The 1 close button per tab is just plain stupid; something i hope firefox will drop in ver2

i even feel more comfortable with IE6 non tab than using IE7

and way to go MS

i unistalled IE7 beta3 and u give /SYSTEM ROOT/CMD not found error at startup...

Definite speed increase compared to Beta 3. I wish I could say "screw IE6 because IE7 is much easier to develop Web pages for", but alas, 'tis not possible yet.

my experience with IE 7 RC1 is pretty bad. After installing it and restarting computer I've finished with message saying that normalize.dll is missing. I tried everything, but after hour of thinking I've decied to reinstall Windows.

hehehe, good point. :D

PS: by the way, RC1 is running fine here. Still have some troubles like it won't go automatic for the next blank windows when u're on a internet banking site, and it still eating my RAM with 2,3 or four tabs opened. Using like 50mb.

Going back again to I.E 6 =|

ie 6 uses arround 80 mb in total when 3 sites are open, about firefox and opera i won't even start. So 50 mb looks very decent to me.

my experience with IE 7 RC1 is pretty bad. After installing it and restarting computer I've finished with message saying that normalize.dll is missing. I tried everything, but after hour of thinking I've decied to reinstall Windows.

had you read the threda you just posted on, you'd see a solution for the normaliz.dll problem.... go back ONE page...

I echo the sentiments in this thread. It's pretty good. Loads pages faster than Beta 3. My only problem is, has anyone else noticed the font looks weird when you type in form boxes? Like say searching on Google. Maybe it's because I have ClearType on. It just looks strange. Did they change the default font from Beta 3?

It just looks strange. Did they change the default font from Beta 3?

Cleartype doesn't seem to work in Javascript created text boxes and text. (Like from a popdown menu, etc.)

tab browsing just doesnt feel the same in IE. In firefox its very smooth, tabs r moveable. The 1 close button per tab is just plain stupid; something i hope firefox will drop in ver2

i even feel more comfortable with IE6 non tab than using IE7

and way to go MS

i unistalled IE7 beta3 and u give /SYSTEM ROOT/CMD not found error at startup...

IE 7 now has the drag and drop tabs. you can move them around. It aperied in beta 3. and might have improved in RC

I'm loving it, never had a problem with IE7 minus the favorites issue which is taken care of now. never had any problems installing or updating overall defiantely pleased with RC1

hahaha well usually you would just get a site error saying wamu.com doesnt support IE7 because of the use of SSL 3.0 or some **** like that

Nope, there is no error. So I guess it works then.