Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 RC1

look the same as beta 3, abeit a few icon changes on dialog boxes

So they still haven't sorted out that messy looking interface then? At first I liked it, but now the novelty has wore off I think it looks ugly. It also steals valuable space for tabs too.

so far i havent noticed anything different with it so i will keep it seams alright i guess.

I lost the Tabbed Browsing capability, as I updated it from Beta 3. it automatically uninstalled Beta 3 and restarted and installed RC1. now i don't see the option or the functionality for Tabbed browsing....

Did I miss something???

Chandra

lovin it. no issues at all. installed smoothly, although i have never had an issue with ie but its nice to know i still dont.

arumalla are you running valid cause i know some people that alter the setup to bypass validation lose tab function.

I lost the Tabbed Browsing capability, as I updated it from Beta 3. it automatically uninstalled Beta 3 and restarted and installed RC1. now i don't see the option or the functionality for Tabbed browsing....

Did I miss something???

Chandra

How did you install it? Did you extract the exe and run update.exe?

Did I miss something???

Chandra

Turn it on under Options, Tabs, if its not enabled by default.

is there any link to install to windows vista?maybe i want too much...

ya I was wondering the same thing. I want to update my IE in my vista 5384 bulid......

looks like we cant :no:

Yay! Now I can browse Neowin without having to log back in everytime!

EDIT: Or not... Still problem with Neowin cookie...

Edited by Trong

after installing ie7 beta3 at monday and now installing rc1 i see a almost no difference

so far ie7 it seems stable and better that previous beta 1 release, the only thing that really bother me its the placement of stop and reload buttons also the menu bar, i would really like that ie7 could be more customizable in that aspect, also people miss the old interface and i bet that more people wont upgrade because everythings changed so much that people wont know how to use it.

Microsoft should give users an option to switch to classic ie theme and also allow us to customize the placement of the buttons, if i want or not a search bar many things that firefox got and ie6 have more customization that ie7 lacks

So they still haven't sorted out that messy looking interface then? At first I liked it, but now the novelty has wore off I think it looks ugly. It also steals valuable space for tabs too.

Hardly messy if you ask me.

Firefox 2.0 Beta

post-32407-1156443420_thumb.jpg

IE7 RC1

post-32407-1156443295_thumb.jpg

2 things I do wish for though, a way of getting rid of the search field ...I never use those in IE or in Firefox. Also, a bit more flexibility for customizing the UI would be nice, but it's not the end of the world. I only ever use IE7 for Windows Update anyways. (and in Vista you won't even need to)

Edited by xxdesmus

BETA3 was giving me website connection errors, had to revert back to IE 6 and problems went away, will try RC1 now to see if i can make use of the tabbed functionality.

how is the resource usage so far? i remember when i opened even 2 tabs in BETA3 the exe would shoot up around the 40Mb mark.

Yay! Now I can browse Neowin without having to log back in everytime!

EDIT: Or not... Still problem with Neowin cookie...

I too keep experiencing this and it is RATHER annoying having to log back in if your a frequent Neowin site viewer. :no: