Lumines Live Under Microtransaction's Thrall?

Lumines Live Under Microtransaction's Thrall?

The XBL Arcade puzzler may be going to pieces for a price.

by Kathleen Sanders

August 24, 2006 - Today, GamingBits reports that OXM's review of upcoming puzzler Lumines Live indicates the downloadable arcade game will have additional content for an additional price, first revealed in our XBLA preview.

Gamers are like to fork about 1,200 Microsoft points ($15) to download the game, which comes complete with a robust multiplayer mode. To advance past a certain point in the Mission and VS. CPU modes the game requires you to purchase the Mission and VS. CPU packs for 400 points ($5) and 300 points ($3.75), respectively.

IGN revealed these game details in early August. The base game will ship this fall with 12 skins in Challenge Mode, all the modes mentioned above, as well as additional content downloadable via Xbox Live Marketplace. Then, within an unspecified time, several more game packs will be released. These will include three package types: 1) a Music/Video pack, 2) a Mission/Puzzle/Skins pack, and 3) an Advanced Difficulty pack.

The core game will include Warner Brothers' artists such as Madonna. The addition Music/Video pack will feature more artists and seamlessly integrated interactive videos. The Mission/Puzzle/Skins pack will offer gamers new mission types, new puzzles and additional skins to complement the experiences. And the Advanced Difficulty pack will give hardcore addicts a run for their money.

IGN contacted a representative for Microsoft who could only say that the company has not provided specifics on the content and have nothing to announce right now.

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727998p1.html

Man I hope they do not charge for more content that should of been in the game. :no: I have never played Lumines before and I would like to buy it when it comes to XBLA but if they are going to charge 1,200 MS points plus more points if you want more stuff then I might not get it. Just have to wait and see until MS makes an announcement about it. :yes: