Connecting an xbox to pc

I have an ATi Radeon 9600 AIW (ALL-IN-One-Wonder) and the s-video plug http://www.bytesector.com/reviews/id-108/ICb.jpg

(or some kind of plug that has all the slots for audio, video, and general sound)

that came with it during purchase.

I have it all plugged in, now the problem i have is i dont know what software to use to make it work? or is there another addition hardware i need to fulfil this task, or the proper settings i need to change. because when i loaded the ATI home tv software... "no Show".?

actually i got it working...

configuring the ATI Multimedia Centre settings but i have no sound?

Any ideas?

plugged the corresponding color of the xbox's to that of the card, or is there something that should be going into the s-video slot?

Edited by sycamore

You'd be better off purchasing the VGA cable from Microsoft. S-video will only get you a 640x480 resolution, while the VGA cable will give you up to 1380x768 (or somewhere around that) resolution.

As for the sound on your All-in-Wonder, try checking your sound mixer. Sometimes the auxillary input (or whatever it's using) is muted by default.

As for the sound on your All-in-Wonder, try checking your sound mixer. Sometimes the auxillary input (or whatever it's using) is muted by default.

didnt work...........

I have my 360 audio running through my Line-In on my computer. Only downside is that you need to have your computer on to hear any sound, but that isn't a problem for me. ALso getting the VGA cable from MS like dnast said is the way to go if you have an extra VGA port on your monitor.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread but, i may be getting a 360 soon, on my 17" LCD monitor i have a DVI and a D-Sub connector, is it possible to have my pc into the DVI and put the 360 into the D-Sub with the VGA AV Cable ? So i wouldnt have to keep unplugging one everytime i wanted to use the other, They wouldnt be on at the same time ( obviously ) I just wanted to know if it was a possibility ?

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread but, i may be getting a 360 soon, on my 17" LCD monitor i have a DVI and a D-Sub connector, is it possible to have my pc into the DVI and put the 360 into the D-Sub with the VGA AV Cable ? So i wouldnt have to keep unplugging one everytime i wanted to use the other, They wouldnt be on at the same time ( obviously ) I just wanted to know if it was a possibility ?

Yes, i do it that way. Just make sure that you turn only one on. That way the monitor knows where the signal is coming from. If not, you would have to select the input in the monitor soft menu, and sometimes that can be a hassle.

Mr.Ed