FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360

FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360? Now Only $29.99! (08/28/2006)b>

Square Enix is proud to announce that the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360 is now available for only $29.99! Now it's easier than ever for new adventurers to experience Vana'diel in hi-definition using this complete package that includes the complete original game plus all three expansion packs!

See you soon in Vana'diel

souricon.gif News source: Square-EnixComment: b> super! this is what I was waiting for to "Jump In" into FF XI!:drool:l:

Do you have to pay any monthly fees to play this game???

$13 a month plus $1 for each additional character if you want to have more than one and it doesn't requires you to have a Gold Xbox Live account to play it... :happy: :yes:

and BTW... don't pay attention to the low reviews this game has, the game is worth every $ and it's for people who really enjoy very very very long games and love world exploration, you can play about 5hrs a day for a full year and not see everything there's to it! :|

Wow...what a "deal".

There is no way anyone should have to pay for a 3 year old game (maybe 5 bucks for packaging) when the game STILL costs you 15 bucks a month.

Do you have to pay any monthly fees to play this game???

you can see a more detailed description about the game here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

Wow...what a "deal".

There is no way anyone should have to pay for a 3 year old game (maybe 5 bucks for packaging) when the game STILL costs you 15 bucks a month.

what's wrong about playing an old game? I know the game is not taking any advantage of the power of the Xbox 360 and it's a strait port from the PC version but that doesn't make it a bad game per se, and you have to take into account you're playing against PC and PS2 players. Besides, it?s all about gameplay isn?t it? I played this game on the PS2 when it first came out and then on the PC and now I?m moving to the Xbox:happy:happy:

Also, they released an update a few weeks ago that unlocks achievements for the Xbox 360 version and they just released a patch that allows Chocobo raising:drool:drool:

hmmm, no, im gonna stay away from it, i hate paying monthly fees, i already pay Internet Connection and Xbox Live!, no more fees please...

**Runs back to Guild Wars....***

No....for 360?....no....if it links up to the ps2-pc world then....no....since it just came it's time to go n00b hunting.

*sound of bow and arrow cocking*

the pay per month thing is not worth it. it's on microsoft servers for god sakes.. take that off, make it Xbox Live Gold members only, and i would purchase it.. but i hate the fact it's only "online"

the pay per month thing is not worth it. it's on microsoft servers for god sakes.. take that off, make it Xbox Live Gold members only, and i would purchase it.. but i hate the fact it's only "online"

I thought that SE hosted the servers, that's why you're paying SE monthly.

I thought that SE hosted the servers, that's why you're paying SE monthly.

that is correct... FF XI runs on SE servers, now XBL is an open network for developers to use has they want, thing is that many of then let MS to run the servers so they don't have to waste money on server fees and so on... :p

As a former FFXI player and escaped to GuildWars .. I can't go back to FFXI. But my wife did.

FFXI when it came out was one of the 1st to offer offline ingame auction house, characters get there auction house, in game "delivery" system of items, ability to change your jobs from your mog house, and be part of multiple linkshells (guilds) but can only have one equipped at a time. There were also one of the 1st to implement holidays in to the game. They also implemented a nice "conquest" system where three kingdoms compete to control the lands with out direct PvP ... (excpet for pvp Ballista think... combat football... counts towards the tally to see who controls).

They have about 500,000 (stable) member base (they use to be a 1 million at there prime). Like any grind mmorph, you will spend ours to slowly get to the end. They seem to be able to keep this base so I would not say it's dead anytime soon.. and IF the xbox360 give them a higher number.. the more the better.

A nice feature is you play with European, Japanese, and American players within the same server and has a very easy way to chat using an auto-translator (type word such as hell... hit tab and list comes up with words and choose (Hello) and they see it in japanese) and don't have to know Japanese to play with Japanese players. Also PC, PS2, Xbox360 all play in the same "worlds" as well.

Note XBOX users ... You will NEED to get a keyboard. The GUI was designed to work off a controller (rather well) but you can't effectively chat w/o a keyboard. Also you have to use the POL Gui for friends list / contact / connect vs the dashboard.

The graphics are starting to get dated but still are decent. Almost all the expansions to the game are for mid - high level characters and they rarely add new content for low level character. Xbox360 / PC graphics are on par with each other.. the PS2 graphics still look.. worse. Also as long as you can find a pc / ps2 / xbox with the correct expansion installed you can play using your sign in on another platform. Aka get xbox360 then P2P the ISO's for the pc version and install and log in just fine on the pc.

It's a good game if you are use to a traditional grind mmorph with a lot of nice systems in it, as well as the whole FFXI setting. But getting use to the no-fee / no grind (compared to FFXI) I'm unable to go back. In the past there was no PvP but they been implementing PvP like situation (which you have to actively particate in).

The game started as PS2 game, had a PC port, was ported to xbox (but due to licensing / who pays who issue never made it) and now the Xbox360.

The problem I think is does MS want to run a server where you have Non-Live members using PC & PS2 to access where it would have to be set up that SE takes the money from these then turn it over to MS bypassing Live? Or would they require the killing the multi-platform same world approach and risk losing there stable yet fragile 500k users base.

I highly suspect it's NOT on the MS servers.

Edited by jstillion

As a former FFXI player and escaped to GuildWars .. I can't go back to FFXI. But my wife did.

The problem I think is does MS want to run a server where you have Non-Live members using PC & PS2 to access where it would have to be set up that SE takes the money from these then turn it over to MS bypassing Live? Or would they require the killing the multi-platform same world approach and risk losing there stable yet fragile 500k users base.

I highly suspect it's NOT on the MS servers.

thanks for sharing your exp with us buddy! :happy:

and you're right, FF XI only uses XBL as a bridge to connect the Xbox 360 to the PlayOnline servers run by Square-Enix.

anyways, what I know is that there will be no FF XI-2 according to SE but they're are working on some really cool expansions/new features and there's even a possibility of a price cut to the monthly fee to make the game even more attractive to new users and try to get some of the old users back into the FF world. :yes:

on a side note, Dragon Quest VIII is now $19! for those of you who missed this game at launch there's no better time to get it than now at this new low price!!! :drool:

thanks for sharing your exp with us buddy! :happy:

and you're right, FF XI only uses XBL as a bridge to connect the Xbox 360 to the PlayOnline servers run by Square-Enix.

anyways, what I know is that there will be no FF XI-2 according to SE but they're are working on some really cool expansions/new features and there's even a possibility of a price cut to the monthly fee to make the game even more attractive to new users and try to get some of the old users back into the FF world. :yes:

on a side note, Dragon Quest VIII is now $19! for those of you who missed this game at launch there's no better time to get it than now at this new low price!!! :drool:

That would be great if a monthly price cut happens, how much space does it take up on the HDD?

That would be great if a monthly price cut happens, how much space does it take up on the HDD?

about 5gb total, this includes the base game, the expansion packs and the updates. :happy::yes:

about 5gb total, this includes the base game, the expansion packs and the updates. :happy::yes:

Dammit!

Nurse, pass the 100GB HDD!

/ontopic

The monthly fee puts me off, I'm already paying for Live, for god's sake! Also I think not being able to use a communicator would irritate me.

Can't we just have a normal Final Fanasy, please???

Hmm its on sale for ?17.99 here which includes one month so maybe interested to give it a try and the fact that I don;t need Xbox Gold is a bonus :shifty:: :whistle:: :DD

Spartan_X, are you a regular FFXI player?

Hmm its on sale for ?17.99 here which includes one month so maybe interested to give it a try and the fact that I don;t need Xbox Gold is a bonus :shifty:: :whistle:: :DD

Spartan_X, are you a regular FFXI player?

I used to be but there was a little issue called "family" that requiered my attention more than FF XI did at that time...:pp

now, I'll love to start all over again with a few folks from NW and give it a try with all the new stuff going on now on FF XI.:yes::

so, this is a call to all of you fellow Neowineans interested in creating and joining a NW party on FF XI. Jump In!:happy::

I used to be but there was a little issue called "family" that requiered my attention more than FF XI did at that time... :p

now, I'll love to start all over again with a few folks from NW and give it a try with all the new stuff going on now on FF XI. :yes:

so, this is a call to all of you fellow Neowineans interested in creating and joining a NW party on FF XI. Jump In! :happy:

Yeah I maybe starting the game soon, how much is it per month, anyone got the UK price?

How do you communicate within the game?

Yeah I maybe starting the game soon, how much is it per month, anyone got the UK price?

How do you communicate within the game?

this is the official announcement (a .pdf file) from Square-Enix Europe: click here

because you'll be playing along with PS2 and PC users to communicate you most use a USB keyboard because the on-screen keyboard sucks for this kind of gameplay... :p

good thing about this game is that it has a build-in translator that helps you to communicate with Japanese players. :happy: :yes:

this is the official announcement (a .pdf file) from Square-Enix Europe: click here

because you'll be playing along with PS2 and PC users to communicate you most use a USB keyboard because the on-screen keyboard sucks for this kind of gameplay... :p

good thing about this game is that it has a build-in translator that helps you to communicate with Japanese players. :happy: :yes:

?8.99 seems alot which is like $18 a month. I mean Live is $20 a month.

I'll think about it, so if I get FFXI it will come with all the expansion packs, are those in the download?

Edit - Nevermind I see it already comes with the 3 expansions.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/66732...g=final+fantasy