Sweet mercy, Xbox 360 Japanese explosion!

10 months after launch, but they did it. They sold all the X360's of one store! Now how many stores left?

lol, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe cause of the price Japan maybe thought to use the 360 to play nex gen games?

Yeah, I have my doubts. Bring on the sales figures. :)

Wow, at one store in Japan they sold out, which probably had like 3 left anyway. Heck, my local Kmart sold out of GameCubes, bring out the champagne!!

Haha. The stock from december 2005 finally ran out

:rofl: So funny, but yet so true! You guys took the words right out of my mouth! (yes I say everything out loud that I'm typing :p)

I hope nobody's too disappointed when next week's figures are released. That'd be amazing if there was some kind of unexplicable boost in sales, though.

They probably stopped ordering new units and sold out of what they had in stock... On a side note, if this really is a sign of good times in Japan for Microsoft then that's cool.

I was just watching some of the Japanese Xbox 360 ads and a few of them are incredibly long. I guess their ad-campaign is finally working.

I was just watching some of the Japanese Xbox 360 ads and a few of them are incredibly long. I guess their ad-campaign is finally working.

You watched them online? If so, where can I find them?

When I was there in June no one besides me even looked at the Xbox 360's lol, I wonder if they just didnt order anymore and finally ran out?

Edit: having seen the commercials no wonder it didnt sell lol, they were no where near as crazy/cool as a lot of commercials on Japanese TV.

Edited by Novaoblivion

^ I was under the impression that there was a time delay in sales reports... ?

There is, by a few days. But the photo would have been taken in the same week as the current figures (there's also the high possibility that that sticker had been there for days or even weeks). Also that store still had stock of the 'World Cup Limited Edition 360', so it's just not really news.

^ I didn't doubt you. ;) There was nothing released recently in Japan that I know of that would even cause a small spike in sales, lol. The only game I expect to even cause a mini-explosion is Blue Dragon. Other than that game or some surprise hit, if sales increase I expect it to be gradually.

Its nice to see the 360 a bit more popular in japan but I think it still has a way to go tbh

If a few more RPG games or more big japanese developed games come out they might stand a bigger chance