Buying a XBOX360 Premium

Hi i have been considering buying a xbox360 console as i have the money. I preorder one last year and was so close to getting it but i had to let it go on launch day as i didnt have enough funds :( But now i do have enough. So is it worth it? I mean Halo 3 isnt out yet but i want to get it at the right time and seeing as the price has been the same since launch i just wonder if it will drop in price before xmas which will be annoying. I dont really have any interest to get the PS3 due to its excess price.

So what you guys think?

plus now with the premium you get pgr3, 3 months of live, and one of those cards you can buy content with. ithink it has like 1240 points or sumthin. i was in the same boat. i traded in my xbox and all my games for store credit towards a 360

The revision will happen eventually (only a cpu die shrink, less heat output maybe?) But I would wait until around xmas, there will likely be bundles and a price drop.

Its up to you, I bought one near the launch day, paid a premium, but its well worth it. I'm looking at getting a Wii next, and then eventully a ps3 (once prices have come down considerably. . so probably 2008)

Or you could be like my brother, and wait until halo 3 is released, and then get it all at once (the system will be cheaper, and so will other "older" x360 games, plus most of the bugs will be gone by that time probably)

Good luck

Well its yes and no. I mean i got the money to buy it. I have to consider the games aswell as my sister wants me to get the console for Dead of Alive 4 and Top Spin 2 which she said she would buy and i buy the console. I would proberly get myself a VGA adaptor aswell. Maybe i could walk into game and ask them to do a deal or something. I have seen the Premium version going for around ?270 online delivered so its ?10 saving than in retail stores. Do any Premium kits in UK come with any free game or something?

what kind of revisions? with the new pgr 3 bundle i do believe they put a new dvd drive in

Like...slightly updated components, hardware fixes etc

Like...slightly updated components, hardware fixes etc

Yeah only slight changes, nothing major. I don't know when the next revision is coming though.

I would say yes to getting the premium now because the price drop would not be huge because current price drop on Core was only ?10. But if you wait till Christmas there maybe some sweet bundles:))

I was going to wait until Christmas, but my birthday was a few weeks ago, and my mom said she would pay $200 for the 360 if I wanted one. So I couldn't resist. :p

It's worth it if you have an HDTV.. otherwise.. don't bother with it.

Well i don't have a HDTV but i was going to connect it to my monitor instead which is kind of HDTV as it does 1280x1024 so im sure it can do 720p.

Yeah, go for it. If you don't have a HDTV then connect it to your monitor for high res gaming. If you do choose to play on older telly you'll still enjoy PGR3 in SD just fine though.

As mentioned above don't bother with the Core system or you'll not be able to download demos and stuff without splashing out for a hdd anyway, and this is part of what make the 360 so cool. The PGR bundle sounds good to me.

AsciiSmoke

I sent ya an PM Piracy but I didn't realize you were from the UK until after I sent it to ya. I will browse around some more to see if there are good deals in the UK.

I have a Premium Xbox 360 bundle I would consider selling.

Includes the wireless adapater (wifi), wireless controller charger, 2 controllers (1 wireless / 1wired), headset and games...

PM me if you'd be interested.

the 360 is awesome.

call of duty 2

farcry

condemned

kameo

all brilliant games... hdtv? if ur so bothered save up for one... im sure u can survive a little til u get one...

my mate bought a 32" for ?500 from comet or u can get the ones in game for about ?250

basically get one and get the tv later on

It's worth it if you have an HDTV.. otherwise.. don't bother with it.

I hate it when people say that because it is so not true, i mean i do have a HDTV in my bedroom with my 360 hooked up to it and it's GREAT. But i also have another one in my conservatory hooked up to a SDTV and it's still good, not to major of a difference to make an xbox 360 "not worth it".

Definitely is about the time to get one if you are thinking about it, as so many good games coming out from next month on...

Yes maybe its time i should invest in one this month. Ill think about it as i may put it off until next month purely because i can do without it for now. It just would be nice to have it sitting infront of my next to my LCD monitor.