Armored Core 4 cancelled for Xbox 360

Don't know much about this game, but came across the news...

According to the official site, the game is coming out for PS3 on November 2006.

And from Wikipedia:

From Software has recently announced that PlayStation 3 version of Armored Core 4 is almost complete and is schedualed to be released on or shortly after the November 11th, 2006 Japanese release of the PlayStation 3. The Xbox 360 ,according to From Software?s official website translated form Japanese, however has been cancelled. The series producer and From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin stated that this decision was due to a recent contract with Sony entertainment to keep the Armored Core series PlayStation 3 exclusive. This move would easily allow the company to produce Armored Core?s first animated movie through Sony Entertainment. Naotoshi Zin also stated that Xbox 360 system would be to complex to develop for even though they have had the dev kits sitting in their lab for almost a year. Armored Core is still slated to be localized in the United States and Europe by Sega.
Source

From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin stated that this decision was due to a recent contract with Sony entertainment to keep the Armored Core series PlayStation 3 exclusive. This move would easily allow the company to produce Armored Core?s first animated movie through Sony Entertainment.

Sony will die!@

No doubt they'll release the movie on blu-ray DVD's and that will die to:):)

I never even expected AC for MS, it was obvious it would be on Sony

Xbox 360 system would be to complex to develop for even though they have had the dev kits sitting in their lab for almost a year.

Smells like bull to me, I though 360 was easier than PS3 is develop games for.

I didn't even know it was coming to Xbox 360 to begin with :laugh: (not to mention the last time I heard the name "Armored Core" was way back when the PS2 was orginally released) I'm not surprised though, Sony are going to want (and need) as many exlusive games as possible to get as many poeple as possible to actually wanna spent close to a grand (I'm refering to how much it costs here in Au) on a console.

I never realized they had plans for a 360 version, either.

LOL @ their excuse that the "Xbox 360 system would be to complex to develop for" when they've had at least two Xbox 360 games released already that I know of.

Smells like bull to me, I though 360 was easier than PS3 is develop games for.

Its not really the console/devkit's fault. The engine used for the game has an affinity for the playstation family. To make one for the 360 would mean alot of changes.

^ Sincere question...is the the PS2's architecture even that similar to the PS3's?

Somewhat, if you see there are similarities in the Ps1/2. And armoured core being an xclusive to sony makes you think about how long they have been developing it for sony and the ps3, and going into foreign territory like 360 might put them off. They don't want to change the basic engine architecture.

Somewhat, if you see there are similarities in the Ps1/2. And armoured core being an xclusive to sony makes you think about how long they have been developing it for sony and the ps3, and going into foreign territory like 360 might put them off. They don't want to change the basic engine architecture.

The PS3 is completely different to develop for than the PS2. I think developers had to learn from scratch again for the PS3 due to being totally new hardware and such.

In other words Sony either paid them money for exlucsive (most likely) or they decided that they wouldnt be able to sell on the 360 in Japan. The whole development of the 360 being too complex is a lie in my opinion.

Edit - Just heard from some other forums that the Wikipedia info is fabricated, apparrently wasn't dropped because of the 360 hardware being too complex, it was because Sony signed an exclusive.

In other words Sony either paid them money for exlucsive (most likely) or they decided that they wouldnt be able to sell on the 360 in Japan. The whole development of the 360 being too complex is a lie in my opinion.

Yeah, the Japan thing probably made them rethink development. I don't think its better to limit a game to one system, but in the case of Armoured Core, with it being exclusive, it might have been a good call, money or no money from Sony.

I wished the same thing happend for MGS. I undertood Twin Snakes for the Cube, though. They owe them for the first Metal Gear.

Armored Core isnt even that good so who cares?

uh-oh, someones got an opinion and they think its true for everyone :laugh:

Yes you may not like it, but you're just one person, there are many people that do, hence why there have been so many sequels released.

I didn't even know this was coming out for xbox360 since all the others had been released on Ps1/2