Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

Question here but did the crocodile hunter ever screen in Australia? I never saw it on TV...

Has been played here for years. And was one of the most popular shows for channel 7's weekend 6pm (if I remember right) for a lot of years.

Yes we have had it on TV I dont think it was always prime time

Missed the news about that thanks (Y)

Wednesday at Suncorp. Organised to not be the same day as Peter Brock's state funeral on Tuesday.

Not at Suncorp as reported.

Australia Zoo - 9am Wednesday.

Live screens around areas in Brisbane will be setup for others. And it will be shown live in Australia, USA and Asia.

Not at Suncorp as reported.

Australia Zoo - 9am Wednesday.

Live screens around areas in Brisbane will be setup for others. And it will be shown live in Australia, USA and Asia.

But not in the UK :(. Probably due to the time difference, but I hope they rerun it in the UK.

Hundreds of fans have queued all night for tickets to a farewell for "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin in the Crocoseum of his Australian Zoo.

Scores were turned away disappointed - many in tears - when the 3,000 places available for the public memorial next Wednesday ran out.

People lined up for more than a day outside ticket boxes at the zoo - as well as in Brisbane and the town of Maroochydore.

"It's indescribable, it's joy, it's elation," Melissa Power told ABC radio after a 25-hour wait to secure tickets for her family.

"I'm sleep-deprived, but I'm joyous and happy and it's just everything."

Irwin's Crocodile Hunter documentaries were watched by more than 200 million people around the world.

He died when a barb from the tail of a stingray pierced his heart while he was diving off northeast Australia on September 4.

Mutilated stingray carcasses were found on beaches in the wake of his death, prompting fears revenge attacks were being carried out.

A Brisbane football stadium had at one stage been considered as a venue for his memorial but Irwin's wife Terri said he would have wanted it to be in the zoo's central Crocoseum.

Irwin used the arena to feed live crocodiles while surrounded by snakes, birds and the other native Australian wildlife.

The memorial will be broadcast live around Australia, as well as in the United States and throughout Asia.

Australia is getting ready for a service to remember Steve Irwin.

A ceremony is being held at his zoo on Wednesday to celebrate his life. About 5,500 people are expected to attend, and it'll also be shown on television.

Fans have been laying flowers and writing messages for the animal expert, who was killed by a stingray in a freak accident two weeks ago.

In Sydney, flags on the famous Harbour Bridge were lowered to half-mast as a mark of respect for the naturalist.

The service will be held in a part of Steve's zoo called the Crocoseum.

Steve's dad Bob said the service wouldn't be a sad funeral, but would look at the good things he did in his life.

Newsround's Adam will be reporting from Australia on Wednesday to tell you all about the service.

Yeah its today will be a sad day for many, the media has a hold of it and it will be on TV and radio.

For those if you interested click the link in my sig to listen to Nova a radio station here in Australia they will be transmitting it and also an interview they had done with him before.

damn, watched the memorial service the other day on animal planet....so sad. had me in tears at the end. we still miss you steve.

Same here. It was truely memorable. I hope that Wes continues the good work with Australia Zoo.

This is what Bindi said :

My Daddy was my hero – he was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things, but most of all he was fun.

I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did. He built a hospital to help animals and be bought lots of land to give animals a safe place to live.

He took me and my brother and my Mum with him all the time. We filmed together, caught crocodiles together and loved being in the bush together.

I don’t want Daddy’s passion to ever end. I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did.

I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day. When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals. Daddy made this place his whole life and now it’s our turn to help Daddy.

Footage of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's death will never be shown on television, his wife has insisted.

Speaking in her first television interview since the tragedy, Terri Irwin told Australia's ABC News that film of her husband being killed while diving would never see the light of day on TV.

"It won't be. No. No. What purpose would that serve?" she said.

Mrs Irwin added that she had not seen the footage.

The 44-year-old presenter was stabbed in the heart while diving off Australia's northeast coast on September 4.

Irwin, a national hero, was given a huge send-off last week in a ceremony attended by the Australian prime minister John Howard.

Mrs Irwin said her 44-year-old husband knew he would not live a long life.

"He'd talk about it often. But it wasn't because of any danger from wildlife. That was never a consideration. He just felt life could be dangerous," she said.

Terri Irwin at her husband's memorial event His wife told of how she had been travelling in a remote part of southern Australia doing research with the couple's children, Bindi Sue, eight, and two-year-old Robert Clarence when she was told about Irwin's death.

"It was an accident so stupid. It was like running with a pencil. It was not risk he was taking," she said.

"It was just an accident. And I couldn't fall to pieces because the children were there."

Mrs Irwin said she would concentrate on running her husband's beloved Australia Zoo.

"I have to make sure the zoo keeps running. He planned all of that masterfully. He planned this wonderful business so that it could continue if anything happened to him," she said.

She added: "Now I'm going to work really hard at having fun again ... I'm Mrs Steve Irwin. I've got a lot to live up to."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,302...3544445,00.html