Small Problem...

Hey guys...sorry for another stupid question. Its not really a problem, but its just bothering me a bit :)

ok, before when I used the su command in normal user or used console in root, it'd say "root@localhost] # " but now it says "bash-2.05b# ".

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

I ran out of space once, so I had to use FaliSafe to free some space, that's when it started.

Thanks.

EDIT: Another problem is that I accidently uninstalled xmms and now that I have it re-installed, it won't play any mp3s...can anyone help?

Edited by pagal

XMMS (from what i have read at Redhat's website) has removed mp3 decoding capability in its newer versions. Something about standards, etc. The bash shell problem.... i usually had that prompt when i was sitting at a prompt and typed "bash" starting a second shell. i am not sure how that relates to your scenario or if it doesn't at all. Just trying to help . Let me know if i can do anymore for you.

thanks man, at least you replied :)

I just fixed the xmmx problem. I just had to re-install the mp3 plugin for it.

About the shell problem, I get the "bash-2.05b" all the time.

once again, thanks for the reply.

It's nothing big, the prompt can be edited in some config file located in your home directory. I can't remember which config and I do not have Linux laying arond here so you'll have to look around using ls -a :p

It's really a simple problem that be fixed within a few second but the thing is the last I was on Linux was like a year and half ago. I wish I could help you. :blink:

You can play with the ~/.bashrc.. Let's see if I can remember, which I don't use bash for long time.. Zsh rules.. However, you should see PS1 in your ~/.bashrc, so edit it to..

PS1=" [\\u@\\h] \\# "

Here's what I like..

PS1=" [\\u@\\h:\\w] \\$ "